Gabriel Martinelli (11)

He actually hasn’t proved he has goals in him yet.

I genuinely don’t think he could have started his Arsenal career any better considering he came out of nowhere at the age of 18 mate.

7 Likes

I agree on that. Really embraced the challenge and has a ton of presence on the field .
Just want too see the goals now. Just not sure what that potential is.
Tbf he certainly gets in the right positions. Hopefully a run of games and he answers this with a few.

2 Likes

He hasn’t proved anything I just think he has the qualities to be quite a big goalcorer when he grows.
I’m basing this on his performances before the injury.
He always looked quite composed and quick to react in front of the goal… and you can only expect him to improve. And he has a very good general skillset on which he can add other qualities also. That’s what a guy like Nketiah obviously lacks, for example, while he’s a decent goalscorer.

Also he mostly plays on the wing, I believe he’ll move to the centre eventually, and his scoring rate will rise. Even fat Lacazette was a winger for a big part of his Lyon career.

2 Likes

I think he was our youngest player to reach double digits for goals (11 I think) since Anelka before he got injured. Was scoring for fun in the Europa league group stages last year and linking up well with Tierney as well, range of goals were pretty good as well especially in the air.

3 Likes

Need to take it easy with him.
Looked gassed against Brighton. Hopefully Mikel is careful integrating him back into the team.

3 Likes

True, but he has gone close on a few occasions in the last couple of games in the league. He looks more of a goal threat than Eddie or any of the other youngsters we have right now. Doesn’t mean much I know but he is the most likely of this lot to score goals regularly.

2 Likes

Nice range of goals here. Started really well with Emery last season (as did Saka) then mysteriously was dropped when Arteta came, only making appearances after Auba got suspended at palace. Then injured. Guy has bags of potential if Arteta doesn’t mess it up.

5 Likes

When I say Martinelli is a goal scorer it’s not so much because of the amount of goals he’s scored for us, it’s the quality of goals he scores.

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a player as clinical in just about every different type of opportunity. Near post headers, tap ins, long range bangers, running the length of the pitch and dinking it round the keeper- he’s got it all in his locker. The video Bizz posted highlights all of these.

He’s the closest thing I seen to CR7 in a youth player. Frightening potential in front of goal.

6 Likes

Looks like an ankle injury

Missed the injury. Hope it’s nothing serious. He’s still sitting on the bench so I’m hoping was precautionary

Please don’t be serious :pray:

3 Likes

Really hoping that this isn’t going to be the story of his career here, that first knee injury was no joke.

Hope he’ll be OK.

3 Likes

Ahh man…

1 Like

He’s turned into another injury-prone prospect hasn’t he

2 Likes

How bad can an ankle injured in warmups be?

2 Likes

Fucking hell.

Drink some milk, cunt.

7 Likes

Arteta on Martinelli injury: “I am gutted. I was in my office before the game and one of the medical staff came in and said he twisted his ankle. He was in tears and in a lot of pain.”

Ankle sprain could be anywhere from 2-6 weeks, depending on severity, but unlikely to end his season or anything like that. Gutted might have been a bit dramatic.

1 Like

Thank god it isn’t his knee

3 Likes