Gabriel Martinelli (11)

Indeed, guy is a fucking idiot.

2 Likes

If we can offload Lacazette in the summer, it should give Martinelli more of a chance to nail down that LW position.

Iā€™d love it if we had Martinelli / Auba / Saka as our established front three next year.

So itā€™s pretty clear Arteta wants nothing to do with this lad.

Sell him in the summer?

Knee injuries on youngsters can be bad, I hope heā€™s just being patient with him because he has been given some minutes but then got a calf and ankle injury which put him out for a couple of weeks.

Yeah Iā€™m probably just being reactionary, hopefully this is the case but youā€™d think he would at least get some sub apps

You really love hyperbole lol.

I feel heā€™s being groomed to be Aubaā€™s long term replacement

Haha now this is true

However, I donā€™t see how heā€™s been groomed to be Aubameyangā€™s replacement when he literally never gets any minutes

1 Like

Just hard to get into the side atm

1 Like

He also doesnā€™t get enough goals to be Aubameyang replacement.

2 Likes

Must be disappointing in training I guess?

Trust the process. Weā€™re just easing him back from an injury he came back from 3 months ago.

3 Likes

Doubt it. He just doesnā€™t fit what Arteta wants from the side at the moment. Side is set up to maximize the chances Auba receives in the box which is fair. Laca is also currently suffering because of it.
Theyā€™re gonna get games soon though. Very likely he starts featuring more in the league once we start focusing on EL.

I think I want Keown to be our new manager.

7 Likes

More Arsenal DNA than Arteta by a landslide. We wouldnā€™t be fucking about with the ball near to goal and the defense would be set up to defend

1 Like

A cameo here and there wouldnā€™t go amiss though!

2 Likes

Yeah, I was being sarcastic really.

3 Likes

Doesnā€™t seem like Arteta likes him which of course means heā€™s most likely destined to be a world beater.

Should be getting more minutes than he is thatā€™s for sure. His future is through the middle from what Iā€™ve seen and his attributes support that but letting him stagnate is just a damn shame.

1 Like

We have had a really clean injury run lately in the CF and wing positions. Itā€™s frustrating for him but an injury or two and heā€™ll be called upon. Next season, if Laca moves on, he will be 2nd choice CF and will have a better path to minutes.

3 Likes

Why not do it when we know Laca has no future with us?
We are pissing away good development phase for the lad.

2 Likes