Gabriel Martinelli (11)

i laugh when he gets the ball to the goal like that and you watch the defenders desperately panic.

Sounding positiveā€¦be a nice boost before the Everton match if this is announced!

Arsenal star Gabriel Martinelli SIGNS a new four-and-a-half year contract in huge boost to Mikel Artetaā€™s Premier League leaders, with William Saliba and Bukayo Saka also in talks over new deals

1 Like

Doginelli wasnā€™t joking, he wants to stay here forever, lol.

I was honestly expecting him to be eyeing for a move in La Liga eventually hence not signing such a long term deal. He must genuinely feel grateful for the chance we gave him when other teams snubbed him.
Edu deserves huge credit I think too.

Played a massive role in landing our Brazilians here and extending their deals relatively fast.

2 Likes

Lets fogging go!! Need Saka and Saliba to sign da damn tings now and we are set.

2 Likes

To say that Iā€™m happy with this news is an understatement. Want to see Martinelli cutting in more and shooting though, he barely does that these days. Think he can be one of the worldā€™s best forwards like Balon dā€™or contender in the future.

Besides cutting inā€¦ He should be getting into goalscoring positions much more often, I definitely expect him to be a big goalscoring winger, if he canā€™t turn into a 9 as I expected earlierā€¦ Definitely just want more goals from him.

A goal Contribution of ten league goals is good going and he should hit that this season. I agree though, he doesnā€™t make runs into the box as much as earlier in the season. My favourite goal of his is the header vs Forest. His run in behind vs Liverpool was pretty good and so was his run and finish after that wonder pass from MO vs Brighton.

Actually, I need to shut up! Heā€™s scored a good variety but it feels like an age since he cut in and smashed one at goal.

1 Like

Someone did an analysis that showed Martinelli scores more when Jesus plays because his movement is a lot more flexible and then interchange positions, whereas Nketiah sticks down the middle and doesnā€™t roam as much with Martinelli.

5 Likes

Makes perfect sense. I remember Jesus dropping to Martinelliā€™s side, deep at times, to receive the ball and run at defenders. Eddie doesnā€™t do that but makes up for hit with his goal scoring.

1 Like

They found a pen!

5 Likes

<3

180k apparently

9 Likes

I thought he done this already? lol

This has made my day! COYG!

That photo with Edu is touching.

Father and son shit.

Deserves to be in some museum or something.

2 Likes

Lmao :rofl:

Weā€™ve come a long way folks :).

8 Likes

Lmao canā€™t forget the scars of Wellington Silva lol

10 Likes

Great post @Sol

4 Likes

Extremley happy with this news
The boy is a fantastic player, and a superb human being.
He will go from strength to strength with us and with this manager and group of players.

Im happy we are finally paying players like Gabi big money, and not has beens like Willian, Auba and David Luiz

3 Likes

Heā€™s a big player for us, and is garnering respect from rival fans and pundits alike.

Heā€™s not a prospect any more either. Heā€™s a big part of our present.

Very good news indeed. He still has things to work on but his ceiling is very high.

Weā€™re halfway through the season - he should be aiming to push on and reach 15 league goals.

3 Likes