Gabriel Martinelli (11)

I think Trion is on to something though. Goals aside he’s been finding it extremely hard to trouble fullbacks like he used to.
He used to be an absolute menace for defenders.

He has looked indecisive the past three games and naturally like all players, he’s run into a bit of bad form imo.

This why you need variety up front to shake things up.
The only way now is to play players into form.

Lad needs spelling in games mentally more than physically.
Also running the risk on muscle injuries playing this many minutes.

1 Like

Thought Odegaard was worse than Martinelli tonight. Needed an influencer.

1 Like

He was.

1 Like

Yeah wasn’t his greatest night.

Just a poor game. But We move.

he needs resting i reckon because he runs and runs when he plays…Mudryk GET IT DONE!

Should of ordered a Pizza then.

2 Likes

Need to see some take on stats. My sense was he got by his man plenty but he was being double teamed and never had an outlet available. Certainly wouldn’t be worrying myself.

1 Like

Has one average game, because he was largely double teamed, and people get all negative :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trippier absolutely wrapped him tonight. Just wasn’t Martinelli’ day. It happens.

1 Like

Just absolutely not what I saw at all. Pretty even contest for me.

At best Martinelli was smashing the ball against him for a throw in or corner. Trippier never looked at risk.

Nah, I don’t agree. That makes it sound like Martinelli had no impact and posed no threat when he did both.

Trippier had him in a box.

That doesn’t mean he didn’t create a couple of chances though. He cut a couple back for Xhaka and Odegaard.

He got no change out of Trippier though.

Two things can be true at once with Tripper getting the better of Martinelli, but Martinelli creating a couple of half chances.

1 Like

For example Saka ruined Burn one on one but didn’t really create much.

1 Like

This is probably a fair statement, Trippier will certainly be happier with his nights work. But there’s a big difference for me between this and other statements like Martinelli being wrapped or in a box.

2 Likes

Harsh to say he had a bag game for me
Every time the ball went wide to him or Saka 3 players were out to them marking, blocking, challenging.

I think they kept Odegaard out of the game too. Not sure these guys had bad games, but we needed options to be able to break them down, quicker passing, quicker movement which just wasn’t there

Personally think Gabi did well, ran he socks off again, was always available, went forward and was dangerous, still getting in positions and linking up well.
Was just facing a team who wanted to camp in their half.

Well
I’m going to say it .
I’ve watched this lad and I’m sorry but he is just above average. He certainly isn’t the player he is lauded to be . I’ve seen nothing to get me excited.
Sorry all

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes