Gabriel Magalhães (6)

Saliba x Gabriel for the next decade pls

6 Likes

If we’d just sign a proper (young) right back, we can have our whole defence set for a decade.

7 Likes

There were people online who questioned this guy after he got sent off earlier in this season.
Been the standout performer the past month and his absence was visible recently in the few games he missed.

Fair play to @Electrifying who has been calling out his progress lately.

3 Likes

Surprised nobody called him out on his performance.
Thought he was useless in the second half. Can’t afford him losing form now or where back to standard Arsenal capitulation on mistakes and ball watching.

Not his best performance but I wouldn’t call him useless. He was pretty unlucky with his challenge on Salah. If he went for him afterwards it probably would’ve been a pen and a red so be couldn’t do much to fix it.

2 Likes

I thought he was our best player until about we copped the first goal, then it seemed he packed it in also and was poor last 25 mins.

4 Likes

Maybe useless was over the top but ive seen him as a leader and he just turned to mush last night. Looked nothing like a leader and just seemed another Arsenal quitter CB in a big game. Sick of seeing this abject performances happen with our defenders over the years.

2 Likes

Yeah did throw the towel in after the 1st goal.

2 Likes

Gabriel looked shakey today again. Couldn’t communicate with Xhaka either.

Mari has to start against Everton.

He’s having a weird season. He has a lot of important attributes to become a good CB long term, and he’s still young for a CB, but we can’t afford another error prone CB gifting chances every 3rd or 4th game.

2 Likes

Now I didn’t watch the game - but it looks like we conceded from a penalty that was a dive.

And had 2 shots on target, 1 goal against a relegated team at home…

The conclusion is that the defence has to improve?

4 Likes

Yeah it was a soft penalty but I still think it was a clumsy attempt from Gabriel. The defence was largely fine, outside of the penalty incident we gave up nothing. I’ve just noticed some errors/rashness in his game lately

1 Like

The problem is when there is such a moment, which there always is, it’s akmost a guaranteed goal.

Congrats, but fucking hell.
Will miss half the preseason…

1 Like

Saliba and Mavro to cement themselves as our first choice pairing by the time he’s back :grin:

4 Likes

Olympics are getting canceled aren’t they?

1 Like

I’m sure there was a good reason our player of the season (imo) was benched for our crucial Europa League matches, for Pablo Mari.

Seriously, he is my player of the season. I think having an attacker as our best player would be a laugh when you look at our record.

And every time I’ve watched our wretched team, he has been the standout to my eye. New team, new language (if that was an issue for Emery), yet quickly became commanding and a great athletic presence with great decision-making 90% of the time which is very good in today’s game.

Defends on the front foot, brave. Not in a PASHUN way, but in a confident ‘this is what a presence looks like’ way.

5 Likes

Definitely not player of the season for me but he’s been very impressive for a defender arriving England.
Ruben Dias and Fofana the same.

It’s essential to find the right partner for Gabriel. Fofana has benefitted plenty playing with Evans.
Imagine Koulibaly or Varane playing with Gabriel(and Saliba as 3rd choice).

2 Likes

Imagine Saliba, which is more realistic

1 Like

I can’t. Long term, yes. But we need someone experienced like Luiz but not so washed and of course not as big of a clown(at times).

1 Like