Gabriel Jesus (9)

When Jesus is fully fit would you go back to Martinelli Jesus Saka, front 3?

I think that’s what will we will do but I feel like Trossard really could be our wild card in this final run in.

Wouldn’t mind him being the first guy to score two hattricks at Anfield in a season. That’s the type of boring ass Twitter trivia I could get on board with

4 Likes

It’s hard to say until we’ve seen Trossard and Jesus play together. Saka the right wing to himself but Jesus can play there ; Jesus is our main striker but Trossard has proven more than capable and Martinelli has been a revelation on the left and is our top scorer but the left is probably Trossard’s best position.

Jesus is on the bench for now but is definitely in our strongest team.

I don’t know what I’d do is my honest answer!

1 Like
18 Likes

We play our most in form team imo. Especially attackers.

Gabi looks like he is coming into some form now. No reason to rush Jesus. He’s that good that I’m sure he can make the difference from the bench for a few games.

:100: There’s zero reason to worry about it. If he comes off the bench for a bit, so what? There’s plenty of minutes left in the season.

1 Like

Stoked to have him back. We are looking strong up front now with Saka, Marti, Tross and Jesus, it’s genuinely hard to pick 3 which is the kind of problem we haven’t had for a very long time.

Good thing is we only have 2 matches until the shitternational break and Jesus isn’t going away with Brazil so that gives us a little bit of time to ease him in and a lot of time for him to continue to train and get back to where he was prior to the injury.

We can pretty much afford to keep him on the bench until April which is a strong position to be in. Very excited.

12 Likes

Hate the international break, but it comes at the right time for Jesus’ rehabilitation, a couple of competitive games until the break, to give him back his rythm and a taste of the competition…the guy goes for the challenge as we’ve seen yesterday, like he was never injured, so it’s good to have the break, build back the muscle and get that TROOOOPHY.

3 Likes

The mentality of this player - you can see in his small cameo that he isn’t afraid to throw himself into a tackle and bar muscle rehabilitation there is no mentality block (that holds a lot of players back who have suffered knee injuries) and don’t ever seem the same again.

8 Likes

@Bl1nk raised an interesting point in the transfers thread about us signing our second choice targets. But I can’t imagine this side without Jesus and Trossard now.

Jesus in particular is the absolute poster boy for the new Arsenal. A technical workhorse (@Joshua that’s a good band name) whose hungriness to win is infectious. Whose mentality is genuinely elite.

When Xhaka was yelling at his team mates and demanding more in 2019, you had players like Ozil and Auba who were probably thinking “whatever bro”. Toxic when you have players like that in the squad. It destroys chemistry. Destroys cohesion. Destroys the very concept of what a team is.

Now you have Jesus, Zinchenko, Odegaard, Xhaka, Jorginho and I’d add Ramsdale who in one way or another demand excellence from their team mates. Who have raised the expectation levels. When there are enough quality players who are screaming the same message, that’s when the mentality changes.

The younger players are soaking that all in and pushing themselves to new levels. Jesus and Zinchenko massively accelerated our growth and ceiling not just from a technical point of view, but from their mentality.

Can’t wait to have Jesus back in our starting XI. Need his spontaneity in those tough home games against low blocks.

10 Likes

Imagine what Arteta could do with his first choices if he had landed them - these 2nd choices are just mad !!

Part of me thinks we’ve been lucky not to get our first choices!!!

3 Likes

I think it was clever deflection by Arteta, we were never in for those first choices just wanted everyone else to waste their money while we got the real treasures

2 Likes

I was thinking this

Blessing in disguise

TBH, we have the media yes, but we dont truly know what Mikel’s first choices were or not.
He may have wanted Trossard and Jorginho anyways

2 Likes

Is it a trailer of a longer documentary?

Probably

4 Likes

I’m a sucker for this sort of stuff. Definitely will watch.

How the fuck can you have a doco on a guy coming back from a pretty normal 3 month injury?

9 Likes

Because content

Each to their own, but IMO anything that shows more about the workings inside our club is a good thing and something I find fascinating. I’ll be watching!

2 Likes