Fulham Vs Arsenal (PL)

With Luiz out, it looks like Saliba/Gabriel will be brought in right away alongside Holding. As a back 3 favoured Luiz, I wonder if we will keep it or use a back 4 (which we possibly may have tried in the top-secret friendlies?).

This training video shows the players looking sharp

@ 0:09 - Gabriel and Saliba dream team already getting started :heart_eyes:

I was keeping an eye on Gabriel throughout the video and he looks very composed, comfortable on the ball technically (also nutmegs Willian) and physically uses his frame well. Promising.

Pepe looking hungry too, Iā€™m hoping for a big season from him.

2 Likes

And whatever the result, Iā€™m confident we will have an improved season in the league - it will be a crazy, tough season with a lot to get through on and off the pitch, but it begins off the back of a buzzing August so will stay positive!

5 Likes

This will be the first Premier League game where the two managers have been born in the 1980ā€™s

5 Likes

Auba Laca
Willian Xhaka Ceballos Pepe
Tierney Saliba Holding Bellerin
Martinez

I feel like Mitrovic dominates a CB whether itā€™s three CBs or two. So may as well try and blow them away.

Gabriel is eligible to play in the first game isnā€™t he?
Is it just we think heā€™ll take some time to settle in before starting?

------------------Emi---------------------
----Salibaā€“Holdingā€“Tierneyā€”
Cedric-Ceballos-Xhaka-Fofty
-------Pepeā€”Lacaā€”Auba--------

6 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly how weā€™ll line up I think.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Nketiah starts instead of Lacazette, but agree with the rest.
Feel like Gabriel has a chance of starting as well

1 Like

Now dont fcking put a stupid lineup n play likes of Eddie n willock n all.

Everyones fit. Play the fcking quality players and finish the game by 60 mins n then play all the side kicks like AMN n all.

2 Likes

For everyone that picks Laca a small piece of @Electrifying dies :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

1 Like

:eyes:

You hear that @Electrifying ? AMN is just a ā€œSide kickā€ not one of the ā€œquality playersā€

:wenger2:

2 Likes

Injury update

David Luiz
Neck spasm. Currently being assessed and undergoing treatment with good response. Will miss Saturdayā€™s match at Fulham.

Emile Smith Rowe
Sustained an injury to his right shoulder in training. Protective sling will be removed by the end of next week and aiming to integrate back into training soon afterwards.

Sokratis
Right calf. Sustained mild strain to right calf in training. Will miss Saturdayā€™s match at Fulham. Aiming to integrate back into full training within the next week.

Calum Chambers
Left knee. Ruptured anterior cruciate ligament of his left knee during Chelsea (h) on December 29.

Pablo Mari
Left ankle. Sustained significant sprain to ankle ligaments during Manchester City (a) on June 17.

Gabriel Martinelli
Left knee. Sustained injury during training on June 21.

Shkodran Mustafi
Right hamstring sustained during FA Cup semi-final on July 18.

5 CBs injured would break any club out there, but not this one :xhaka2:

21 Likes

Heā€™s gone then. Macey playing for Reserves tonight. Who will be backup GK tomorrow?!

1 Like

Hopefully see Willian start tomorrow (today). Got high hopes for him this season

2 Likes

7:30 kickoff on the East Coast tomorrow. Pour one out for Arsenal fans further west!

So excited though. Big questions at centerback (again).

Aubameyang ---- Lacazette ------ Pepe 
             Saka ------------------------------------------- Bellerin 
                             Xhaka --- Ceballos 
                  Roadman ---- Holding? ---- Saliba
                                 Leno

I donā€™t know that weā€™d need the extra defender at the back against Fulham but Iā€™m honestly not sure we have a pair of CBs who can play as two on short notice. I also would rather have Saka at that LWB position over AMN against what should be lesser opposition.

Just win. Donā€™t care how, whether itā€™s ugly or nice.

2 Likes