Formula One

The FIA will investigate themselves and no changes will be made or any admission of failure.

1 Like

thumb_we-investigated-ourselves-and-cleared-ourselves-ofany-wrong-doing-_p__a-33330733

1 Like

Good on Merc for dropping it, let everyone get on. Ham fans will always bemoan the call, Max fans will always feel he deserved it over the season and neutrals, if there are any, will fall on one side or another.

Now Max can celebrate and both teams can focus on getting their cars ready for next year. Letā€™s hope the FIA tighten the regulations to make it more black and white but I wonā€™t hold my breath.

1 Like

What answer did I arrive at?

I read that Daimler Benz told Mercedes F1 that they were not allowed to pursue this any further.

Mercedes shifted almost all their marketing budget into F1 and the publicity F1 has given them in return is better than any marketing campaign. They have already invested heavily in next years car.

A protracted court case could only server to damage F1 and therefore waste their marketing investment and so it was felt best dropped. Toto would have only kept escalating thisā€¦

1 Like

Sainz

He helped create the monster by constantly crying to Michael on the radio

Iā€™m not a fan of either and yet I can see that Lewis was royally fucked. And I think that most casual F1 fans will also see the injustice of the bull shit they pulled on Sunday.

2 Likes

@Mysty was actually the one who introduced me to Sainz. Hope he enjoyed his podium.

1 Like

He did

Great first year at Ferrari.

All round good guy too. Has no time for the melodramatic ā€˜i must hate my teammateā€™ nonsense

3 Likes

Dark horse for the title next year IMO. With the new regs coming in who knows

Iā€™ll defo watch then

Yes a great driver but ultimately Leclerc is much better.

If the Ferrari is a contender next year, it will likely be Leclerc that wins the title.

Idk man Leclerc comes across as too inconsistent for me. Maybe itā€™s because I only started watching F1 this season and Iā€™ve only seen Leclerc struggle and Sainz strive lol

Leclerc being inconsistent is unfair.

Iā€™d argue he is the opposite.

The issue is, when Sainz does really well and gets a podium, usually due to fuckery with the RBR/Mercs, Leclerc gets absolutely fucked and has an awful disaster weekend.

Monaco is case in point

Either crash, or strategy fail, or car failure.

Otherwise he has consistently beaten Sainz in quali and the races.

I wouldnā€™t go that far. LeClerc is definitely a more talented driver, but Carlitos has better race craft.

I have to say I disagree bro

Sainz is great though

1 Like

[quote=ā€œStarboy, post:2491, topic:119, full:trueā€] and neutrals, if there are any, will fall on one side or another.
[/quote]

:thinking:

Iā€™m a Williams fanā€¦ so Iā€™m pretty much a neutral at this point.

1 Like

What?