Formula One

Lol what? Lewis is the one who cries on the radio anytime things don’t go his way, he’s a huge sore loser and what put me off him.

Max is as well but he’s 10 years younger, so more expected.

1 Like

They know they’ve been rumbled lol.

Fair decision in the context of the current driving standards.

1 Like

Yeah fair decision this time - feels about on par with the penalty Lewis got - despite Lewis’ action being far more dangerous.

What’s a sport without rivalries like this, anyway?

Max was still fuming at the borked pitstop and took Lewis out at the first opportunity.

1 Like

Yeah taking Lewis out by hitting the sausage and flying on top of him was a really good strategy…

He got cut to the left by Lewis coming out of the pits, so Max had no option to go wide.

Unlike Lewis’ clip of Max, Max ended the race as well.

1 Like

Take him out, no one gets points and Max stays in the lead in the championship.

1 Like

Verstappen can be a dangerous driver, but he did look if Hamilton is okay. He walked past Lewis’s car and quickly glanced, saw Hamilton was trying to get out himself and there Max understood he is fine and he walked away.

Halo definitely saved Lewis’s life.

1 Like

Only option? He could have backed out instead of sending it on the outside of a very tight turn, like a smart experienced driver would do.

1 Like

They were both idiots. But Max was more of an idiot. I’ve seen Max do that exact same thing to other drivers dozens of times. He has no compunction putting people in the grass at full speed. But any time anyone squeezes him, he calls them “A FUCKING IDIOT”.

My concern is this will open the flood gates between them and we’re going to see Senna/Prost type fuckery.

To be fair, he mostly whines about the team’s actions. He doesn’t bitch about other drivers anymore than any driver on the grid. He just gets focused on more because he’s constantly at the front of the grid.

2 Likes

See how Kimi races?

Everyone should race like that.

The cars are safer than ever. And the tracks have more runoff than ever.

This has made the drivers act cuntier than ever. The racing etiquette is awful, and has been dangerous for some time.

Ideally this will get policed out of the sport especially as the new cars are coming making it easier to follow.

1 Like

I don’t know about that. We just hear the radio communications now. Schumacher parking it at Rascasse to stop qualy, Prost and Senna ramming each other… these aren’t isolated incidents. F1 drivers have always been cuntish. We’re just hearing it now.

You don’t think it’s gotten worse though?

Those incidents are talked about because they were especially bad at the time no?

In my subjective opinion, racing etiquette has gotten worse in the time I’ve been watching, from 2006 to now.

I don’t think it is getting worse, there is always rivalry in a close championship and it always gets tasty and we have seen it recently with:

Hamilton vs Rosberg
Hamilton vs Vettel
Hamilton vs Verstappen

Not quite the Prost-Senna rivalry yet, but I think this season could get nasty after Verstappen sees red.

No, I don’t think it’s gotten worse. Like everything else that has 24/7 news coverage, it all gets more focus. Focus determines reality. For instance, did you know that the world is actually safer than it’s ever been?

They’d be especially bad now too.

Maybe. I don’t have any empirical evidence, but I honestly don’t think it’s any worse now.

Hamilton Raikkonen Alonso never got this bad in 2007.

Massa and Hamilton only had that one incident in Fuji in 2008.

Button and Vettel, Barrichello never had many issues.

Alonso and Raikkonen in 2005.

It’s only in recent years as you say, with Hamilton, Rosberg, Vettel and now Verstappen.

That sounds incredible to be honest.

1 Like

The way I see it is that Verstappen as a talent is head and shoulders above anyone else. His problem is, he is a bit of a hot head and does reckless shit.

Hamilton also can behave in a childish and entitled manner and he is 36. Or asking Bottas to slow down so he doesn’t get fastest lap (which he still did).

Once Hamilton leaves the game, Verstappen will dominate it in my opinion. In the past Hamilton always had the better, stronger car, now that the playing field is getting more levelled, we get an exciting championship.

1 Like

I like the rivalry. It might actually make it worth watching again.

1 Like

All top f1 drivers behave in a childish and entitled manner. That’s part of the reason they are top f1 drivers.

Asking bottas to not go for the fastest lap is not entitled though it was a team order and would have been a scandal if he did go for it. Buts it’s interesting your bring that up though because the second red bull seat is by far the most marginalised seat in F1.

3 Likes

He’d have increased his points advantage had they finished the race, Max would’ve been past Lewis in no time.