Football Manager

What’s the transfer budgets like in that version?

Leaving spaces atm, got plenty of talent coming through but they qualify as <21 anyway.

So only Foden in that squad is HG at club, then Ward-Prowse, Stones, Sterling HG in nation.

I’m still on fm21,but created the above squad with a net spend of £230m which is pretty good I think. Still got £250m budget leftover :joy:

2 Likes

Haha I was curious, I still play fm15 from time to time and I thought the budgets were out of control already. Really easy to get rich with consistent CL placings.

2 Likes

So our recent struggles has convinced me to boot up the old FM and work my magic on the current Arsenal team. And work my magic I am not. Lacazette is just as bad on FM as he is in real life. Nketiah is showing signs of potential so I may actually sign him to a new deal

He’s sooo bad defender Gabriel has outscored him loool

I just played Martinell upfront as he was better then laca and Eddie.

Just had 6th followed by 5th finishes in my first 2 seasons as West Brom manager.
Thought I was going to get champions league with 8 games to go in the season just gone, but 2 losses and 4 draws in the last 8 cost me :expressionless:

Finished above Man City though :joy:
Norwich are very good in FM it seems, only behind City on GD!

Odds on me bottling this?

Got exactly the same team as now, bar Pepe whos gone to Newcastle for 30m and Isco who I signed on loan. Tried for the life of me to get a striker in January but wasnt happening lol. Managed to turn Lacazette into a 20 goal a season machine AND convinced him to pay cut down to 100k a week :kroenke:

TOP 4 SECURED

HIRE ME STAN

(Sir’s are because England actually won a World Cup :poldi: )

3 Likes

Just won the champions league in my fourth season at West Brom :joy:

3 Likes

Oh man I love this game.
Dont get to play on it as much as I used to nowdays but still absolutely love it.

I follow some FM accounts on twitter, and theres this one guy that always starts with lower league teams and somehow manages to bring them up through the pyramid and into Europe.
Ive tried this and failed miserably, I have no clue how youd even come close to be able to achieve it. The lower league teams have no budget, so cant scout, so have no knowledge of any players! How do you know who to bring in and improve you?

U basically just have to bring players in on trail and look at them that why. And ur constant have to bring players as their on part time contracts.

1 Like

I never used the scouting much except for figuring out player potential and availability. Always used manual search (Unless that’s not a thing in the latter editions?) and look at the stats.

I battered Real Madrid 4-1 in the CL Final with West Brom back in the day. My main attacking men Anderson, Walcott and Sneijder could destroy literally any team in Europe lol.

Football Manager 2023 is out on 8th November but order early and you get the beta usually three Fridays prior to release.

I’ve ordered mine, this is my 30th anniversary of playing it, apart from a season with Bayern Munich and a few smaller, foreign clubs for “end of career” jobs, it’s been Arsenal all the way. I’ve won the league about 200 times.

I think this year’s will be the first where I can safely disable new signings in the initial summer transfer window. We’re fine thanks, no need to sell a load of shite for tiny prices to pay for a quality defensive signing for the first time since CM4.

1 Like

I cant wait to get it and play, and im the same with managing Arsenal every time barring a mission to get a non league side into the top tiers or a change with Barca/Madrid etc.

Im actually looking to get a new computer to play it on as mine is dead.
Are you a techno kinda person? I need advice.

1 Like

I haven’t played it properly since 2008. Thinking about getting this one. I just remember it consuming a lot of my time lol

4 Likes

Looking forward to hearing the champions league theme when my team heads on to the field

2 Likes