Football Manager

Is it as involved and intricate as Football Manager?

It’s not possible.

FM is so detailed and in-depth on every managerial aspect. But when you let a human control the gameplay a lot of those details become irrelevant as you become a superplayer in no-time and beat any elite team with a shit side. It’s what always happens with PES and FIFA, even at highest difficulty.

It’s what makes FM great IMO, you’re on the fucking touchline shouting and can’t actually get involved :smiley: Relient on your tactics, players and staff as well as the opponent having a shit day.

That’s why me and @Midfield_Maestro (and probably others) start PES career games with a very very shit side so it stretches the durability of that career save. You don’t want to become too good too quickly.

3 Likes

You speak like someone who hasn’t played a season on Legend difficulty on PES :grimacing::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was wondering how easy it would be to use the editor to make a galacticos team with all the best players from the 90’s and early 00’s, starting them all off at 16 years old. Or maybe there’s even something I can download where someone has already done similar?

I’m sure you can edit/add injuries too. Saw one where Robbie Keane had to take 9 months out due to pregnancy :joy:

1 Like

Have a look here mate:

https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/category/357/football-manager-2020-data-updates

1 Like

7 Likes

Football Manager 2020 stats. Bit of a weird one for most signed member of staff haha

Nah Bergkamp is a free agent and has 5 star attacking training skill. He’s open to signing for pretty much any top division club, except Spurs.

Hmm, Gegenpress never worked for me.

3 Likes

He’s part of my staff in my FM19 Arsenal game haha. Didn’t buy 20

I remember when I used to play lots of FM and had saved games that were like ten years into the future, and I used to take the piss about how they’d do really stupid and unrealistic things like make Lampard the Chelsea manager, make Solskjaer Man U’s manager, make Arteta Arsenal’s manager, make Pirlo the Juventus manager…

9 Likes

Clean slate FTW

FM20 is free on Epic game store till the 24th September

2 Likes

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-2021-coming-xbox-december

Got the beta version of FM21 and started as Arsenal

Within the first two weeks of joining sold Cedric to Palace for 16m rising to 20m after appearances :joy: :joy: :joy:

5 Likes

The board aren’t used to making a profit on players :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Any new features?

Nothing worth paying full price for but I will say the 3D match rendering, physics and graphics have noticeably improved

The interaction with players/press etc functionality is a lot better too.
Only other main difference I’ve noticed so far is you have a meeting with the board to discuss the areas in the squad you should focus on improving in the transfer market, and then they give suggestions. Although it’s nothing you couldn’t do manually in the previous version it makes the game flow a lot better and feel more realistic

I also like that they’ve incorporated xG in the games as if you didn’t watch full highlights it wasn’t always clear which team was on top (beyond possession %)