Folarin Balogun

Well not really because he’s done nothing of note to be involved in the England squad as of now.
Could easily put that decision off till next season.
Up to him but he would be better IMO sorting out his club career out first.

1 Like

Kid and his camp are very smart.

They know the kid has growing clout with the talent to back it up.

Arsenal and England in particular have got to be careful with this one. He’s objectively the best U23 CF prospect we have right now and in a while. Check the U21s and U18s, who else is coming through?

5 Likes

They have done well to negotiate a contract before he could even play a minute for the first team and now he is already working on his International career. I dread the contract saga in future.

1 Like

There is a potential red flag here and we have seen signs of it already at Arsenal.

Guy is holding up a Yankees shirt. Fuck him. I’m consolidating myself in the Eddie camp.

LFGM!

I applaud the club for convincing him to extend and then once again convincing him to go on loan.

Does Eddie go to France and score 17 league goals in 27 apps? I doubt it.

Balogun clearly has a talent level that is interesting for us as a club.

Looking forward, I believe we need 1 more top class forward. For me that means we can only keep one of Nketiah or Balogun. They are both talented young players but we don’t challenge for the title and CL with these 2 guys next season. We need something a bit more special.

Very hard decision coming up in the summer for Arteta.

1 Like

On a more serious note, I actually favor keeping Balogun over Nketiah. As much as I like the latter, I reckon most strikers are going to be able to get in amongst the goals due to the amount of chances the team creates, and there is the argument that Eddie doesn’t bring the best out of some of the players in the way that Jesus has been able to do so, and how Trossard is doing so now.

1 Like

good video breaking down Balogun he seems very intelligent

I must say am surprised with the amount of attention Balogun not being included in the England squad is getting. The way USMNT are chasing him, hoping to convince him to pick them over England would make you think this guy is a special talent.

Is he really that good or is it just that he’s part English and so there’s more hype?

5 Likes

Argh, he’s off

Long as he brings in the big bucks. We can use funds for a target man.

1 Like

Literally didn’t say that

Tell me you didnt just say that

Maybe eddie will be pushed out the door and he becomes our 2nd striker…he is far more balanced in his game than eddie is.

1 Like

Hopefully he gets a chance this summer and in the coming season.

Showed too much promise this year to be ignored. I think he’s beyond the level of players who could be of use to raise funds for proper signings. He could be that proper “signing”.

Would be very interesting to see him surrounded with Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard.

Also, with the Champions League (damn, it’s been a long time) back again next year, we’ll need proper quality on the bench and he would have an opportunity to get enough playing time.

Not enough for both him and Eddie though. Some tough decisons ahead for Arteta.

you didnt just say that

3 Likes

Shucky ducky

1 Like

That’s why I want to keep him, Eddie is the better finisher but Balogun actually seems to have control of the ball and can create something himself.