Folarin Balogun

He looks rapid

Farmers League brev

3 Likes

Does well to get in that position and shot is decent considering, but I think the GK should be saving that

1 Like

Really hope we donā€™t lose this guy for Eddie. Either keep both around and make it work or sell Nketiah before his stock tanks completely.

2 Likes

Why would Nketiahā€™s stocks ā€œtank completelyā€?

Because heā€™s been poor the last few times heā€™s played, right now heā€™s probably still got a half decent sale value.

The ones he was carrying an injury?
Didnā€™t he get an assist in his last appearance?

Theyā€™re both great assets. Still at a a very good age, English, and can score goals. Tammy was worth 40m after having a poor 18 months for Chelsea, even after getting alienated by Tuchel.

For what is worth btw, I donā€™t discount the scenario of selling Nketiah(or Balogun). I think the play here is to evaluate both during preseason. Arteta and his staff can make a decision after that.

Yes, his only goal contribution in the last 6.

I donā€™t think itā€™s wild to suggest his stock is already down compared to January where he came in and made an immediate bang. I donā€™t see him being worth much more the more he plays.

End of the day we suggested the same conclusion (try both) so not sure it matters. Hopefully balogun gets a fair shot.

Nketiah is 35m plus player. No way has his value tanked.

No one said it had, I said if weā€™re gonna sell one then maybe itā€™s best to be Nketiah while his stock is still at a decent level.

Be surprised if we get 35m or more though.

Nketiah has shown more than enough to establish that heā€™s a capable premier league striker.

5 Likes

If we donā€™t sell him for that amount, Edu needs to resign.
Good strikers are such a rare commodity that Danny Ings went from Southampton to Aston Villa for 25m and then despite scoring only 14 goals in 2 seasons, West Ham United purchased the 30-year-old for 12m.

Eddie will be 24 and at his peak in the coming years. Anyone who purchases him gets a homegrown PL-ready striker for the next 6 seasons at the very least. Why canā€™t we extract 35m for him?

1 Like

Eddie is perfectly capable of scoring 15-20 goals a season for a PL team thereā€™s no way he should be off our books for any less than Ā£40m

7 Likes

Well you mentioned one reason already. On top of that I rate him much lower than the rest of you and hes proven nothing, at least ings had a good campaign or two to point to.

Eddie is still potential at the age of 23/24 so whoever buys him will be gambling that he can be that starting striker after all.

I would hope we get easily 30-35m by comparative transfers but like I saidā€¦Iā€™ll be surprised.

You typically get fewer than 10 players scoring more than 15 goals in a Premier League campaign, and that number gets drastically smaller the closer you get to 20 league goals. I personally wouldnā€™t be so bullish about him being able to achieve that.

However, I never would have thought Nketiah would have been as big contributor for us as he was for a stretch in Jesusā€™ absence, so he certainly has defied my low expectations in the past.

5 Likes

Scored again.

Boyā€™s on fire

7 Likes

should swap him for eddie and try and get a good sum for eddie far more about Balogun than there is to Eddie. Something tells me though that it wont happen.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a given at this point, whenever i check who scored for Reims, itā€™s this guy right here.

1 Like