Folarin Balogun

He knows he will be given a chance here and if he impresses he knows the spot in the team can be his. He just needs to look at who are key players in our squad are this season.

He isn’t even playing international youth football yet, this whole thing has little to do with actually expecting to be playing and more to do with the fact he knows he is hot property and is in a good position to have his pick of the best contract and best club put on his table.

Tweeted at FT today :joy:

9 Likes

Hes a cocky little shit but I can’t say he doesn’t deserve to be. In fact we kinda lack that killer mentality within the team. Arteta wants a bunch of talentless zombies. Fuck this club Balogun and run for the hills find a club that’s gonna nurture you :+1::+1:

4 Likes

Was going to post this. I love this sort of shit, hes hungry and needs to be given a chance.

1 Like

If Ozil did this we wouldn’t hear the end of it.
Hopefully it was just bad timing and obliviousness from the kid. If not, very unprofessional.

1 Like

They hate the moron in charge don’t they?

9 Likes

That’s some sort of goal, imagine Eddie doing that ? :joy:

2 Likes

You can’t bomb Nketiah out of the squad if you want a decent fee from him in the summer, but you can at least share his minutes with Balogun.

We have to find a way of extending Balogun. Convince him to stay, tell him we’re selling Eddie in the summer and you become 2nd / 3rd choice. If he doesn’t adapt to that level, then sell him for £10m or whatever in 2022.

But this club is so awful at planning ahead that this guy will leave for free in the summer, no doubt.

2 Likes

So, with Auba aging, Lacazette potentially being moved on in the summer and Eddie not up to scratch, I wonder if the club will look to recruit another striker in the summer? It’s something that was talked about on Arsecast today and I think it’s a valid option to look at. Can we trust next season that Auba will be firing on all cylinders, if not, can Gabi or Balogun toe the line and be relied on to score 10+ goals each for us instead? Or do we look to sign someone like Édouard or someone of a similar age that has the requisite experience and has potential to push on?

If it’s between Édouard or signing Balogun up, what are everyone’s thoughts?

The striker position isn’t as important as getting a top quality playmaker like Grealish, who would take up most of the budget.
I think Arteta will stick with Aubameyang and Lacazette for at least next season and only bring younger players like Balogun in if either are injured.

A player like Edouard isn’t a priority and unless Arteta wants to sell Aubameyang or Lacazette it seems unlikely he’ll get him in the next window.

1 Like

Is this guy still out of contract end of season?

Yep.

My worry is the club are stupid enough to see Eddie as a long term option.

2 Likes

Getting CHO vibes but there’s zero sample here. £40K way too much

I mean 2 million a year for someone you value at 15-20 million. Sounds reasonable. He could be worth a load more.

3 Likes

Agree way too much for not even having given him a chance in the PL. We shoulda been playing him in the group rounds of the EL and using him as a sub to see what the kids got at this level.

5 Likes

That’s about as ‘I have no interest in staying here’ as it gets.

1 Like

Willock looks like prime Ramsey in the EL though. In the PL, he looks more like a prime pillock. That’s the test.

£40K p/w seems way too steep when compared to Saka who is probably on something similar.

4 Likes

We’re not even paying Saka that currently. Do one folarin

1 Like