FIFA Women's World Cup 2019

I thought the celebration was a bit much, but the performance was professional.

2 Likes

Germany-Spain is the first competitive match being played at a good quality imo

Spain technically good but not enough speed. Germany’s physical edge is really telling.

1 Like

Hermoso for Spain is a baller. She has a great feel for the game.

EDIT: Look at this dirt versus South Africa. ‘A visionary, vision is scary’

1 Like

If they hadn’t spent 3 - 4 minutes celebrating every goal like complete dickheads it would probably have been 20 nil. So there’s that.

Enjoying most of it, but please can someone show these teams the rule on throw ins.

Is the tournament fully broadcasted in the UK?

BBC giving it full coverage. Most games on the red button but games are also shown live. 6 million viewers for the England v Scotland game.

1 Like

Great game so far!

1 Like

What a strange own goal that was :smiley:

1 Like

That was bad. That was really really bad.

In the last game, Renard looked awkward as fuck when she was asked to pass the ball. Not surprised.

1 Like

Wow, Ingrid Engen is gorgeous :heart_eyes:

1 Like

VAR :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Sacre bleu never a penalty lmao.

VAR is hilariously bad, but I love it all the same, but not for football reasons.

Yeah that was really harsh. She clearly got the ball, follow through slightly ugly maybe but harsh!

VAR with a homer decision.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I said “kind of”… goal differential matters, so I don’t have a problem with the scoreline. I don’t even have a problem with the players who scored their first WC goal celebrating… but Morgan and the rest of the veterans should have probably been a bit more subdued.

Sam Kerr trying to rob a goal from her teammate ala Harry Kane smh

AUS 2-2 BRA

What a turnaround by Australia!!

3-2

1 Like

Good to see the Matilda’s have a great win, would have been very disappointing to get knocked out in the group stage given we’re the 6th ranked team in the world.