Skhodran Mustafi

Fair enough. :slight_smile:

Itā€™s all Mustafi, Iwobi and Xhakaā€™s fault. Oh and donā€™t forget Ozil, how dare he sit there on the sidelines with his hands in his pocket.

1 Like

Well he came on. Not sure he took his hands out his pockets though.

Not tracking Alexis for that run is insane on its own but he completely overran the play for the second goal! I just donā€™t know how much more I can handle watching him.

If we have a chance of offloading him this winter Iā€™d seriously consider it even with our CB crisis. Heā€™s just awful.

1 Like

There are players you bite on the bullet on and sell at a loss to reduce the damage.

Mustafi is one of those.

Yep, and the loss is gonna be about 20-25m unless we find a club that is run by supremely stupid people.

10 Likes

40% of it was Sokratis going off, 60% Mustafi coming on.

1 Like

Think hes crap but they were marauding through our midfield with options all over the pitch. Not all down to him last night when you also have fullbacks who cant do basics. Just a collective fail.

3 Likes

What, you mean a club more stupid and incompetent than us?
Iā€™m not sure there is such a thing.

Itā€™s true, Mustafi probably wasnā€™t the worst defender against Man U.
Kolasinac was responsible for not getting back a few times and as a defensive unitā€¦well we havenā€™t got a defensive unit.

Like you say, from the players to the coaching it is a collective fail.
A complete defensive shambles.

1 Like

Precisely. And itā€™s a sight we see far too common as an Arsenal fan. Sometimes we have to look further than the ability of our individual players.

Another one of those players Wenger signed, where you think how in the hell did they think this guy was worth 35 million, Valencia are laughing all the way to the bank with that one. Weā€™d be doing well to get at least 10 million for this guy. Heā€™s bang average, and even when he plays good he always has a mistake in him that costs us. We be doing well getting this guy off the books and getting anyone interested in signing him.

and he holds all the cards as heā€™s supposedly well settled in London and has a contract through to summer 2021

Stick around Shkod, you wonā€™t earn any more than you get at Arsenal :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

Think itā€™s encouraging that Emery has decided to play a veteran Koscielny over Mustafi for the very short stint of time that lasted.

First sign of Shkrodders being frozen out?

2 Likes

Going to be hard to get a club take on his wages for the next 2 seasons though, Iā€™m not sure what heā€™s on but Iā€™m tipping itā€™s at least double what heā€™s worth.

Doubt heā€™s on more than Ā£100K p/w really. Shouldnā€™t be terribly difficult to offload him in that regard. Itā€™s more a case of who is a fan of him lol.

I remember Inter being interested in his services a couple of seasons ago, maybe we can include him in a deal with Perisic.

With Godin (strong rumours), Miranda, De Vrij and Skriniar as their CBs I think any interest in Mustafi is completely non existent now.

1 Like

I can only imagine that any interest in Mustafi would be if a club needs a hat stand or door stop.

Arenā€™t Sunderland top of League 1 this season? If they get promoted back to the Championship for 2019-2020 I think old Shkodran could do a job for them.