Skhodran Mustafi

This BASTARD has a long way to go to redeem himself in my eyes @Sol

However he’s currently annoying me less than the other 3 of my hated 4, so props for that. Get rid of the lot of them.

5 Likes

Mustafi looked good because Forest barely pressured us. Don’t be fooled, he’s still a massive shitstain.:slight_smile:

It’s a lot easier to look good in a game against lower league opposition, playing alongside less experienced players, with not much pressure.

Mustafi clearly couldn’t handle the PL level and was losing us points after making stupid mistakes because of his weak mentality.

He is possibly a better player technically than previous great defenders like Adams, Bould, Campbell, Keown etc, but they weren’t bottlers and were physically and mentally much tougher.

I remember going to Highbury and seeing Adams, when he first started playing in the first team under Graham, and he often made silly mistakes or would try and beat a player rather than clearing the ball, but that was when he was still a teenager.
He realised what he was good at was basic defending skills, which were his aerial and physical strength, and most of all his bravery and will to win and this turned him into one of the best CB’s in the PL.

Mustafi has the the physical attributes to be a top defender but what he lacks is a mental toughness and this has been shown by his lack of confidence.

All top players have off games and loss of form but they will sort it out.
If your earning 100k a week and playing for a top club, if the crowd are getting at you it should spur you on, like it did with Adams, not make you lose confidence.

The fact is, Mustafi is one of a group of CB’s that are the worst I’ve ever seen at the club and the sooner he, Sokratis, and all the others are either gone, or bench players, the sooner we will start to see opposition teams stop walking through our defence.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Everyone just leave him alone now ffs…you are gonna hound him out of the club :pepe1:

Irredeemable.

That city goal in the league cup final told me all I need to know about this guy.

Luiz is streets ahead.

At this rate, we may actually find a sucke-AHEM buyer for him soon.

Good EL performances, his rightful place.

0 goals conceded in 270 mins, whilst VVD concedes 3 to Austrian farmers, ballon d or material right here ladies and gentlemen.

3 Likes

It really was a watershed moment, that goal. Put us all off Mustafi

1 Like

That interviewer :slight_smile:

“Here Shkodran, look at all the shitty things that people say about you! How do you like them apples?”

4 Likes

Credit for answering them questions. Not easy that. Better than skulking away Ozil style.

1 Like

Ozil would pay the journalist 2k not to ask him those questions

8 Likes

Don’t you mean pay the Editor-In-Chief £7k to just write his answers for him?

1 Like

His agent would pay to be able to write the bloody questions. He would then give Mesut the answers.

2 Likes

Probably waiting for The Athletic.

1 Like

:ghost: :on: :top:

2 Likes

Wow that was a hard read he felt sorry for him just constant bombard of questions about his poor performance…

1 Like

I can remember watching Adams as a youngster, when he started playing for us, and he got quite a lot of criticism from supporters because he would try and dribble the ball out rather than just clear it.
There would be calls of get rid of it, or boot it, if he had the ball in a dangerous position but he learnt quickly to play to his strengths and went on to become one of Europe’s best defenders, as well as our most successful captain.

If Mustafi can’t take criticism because he makes constant mistakes, while earning 100k a week, then he has no right playing for a top club.

Top players will take criticism and learn from it.
Mentally weak players can’t handle the pressure and don’t learn from their mistakes.
It’s the same in any job but the difference is, in most jobs, you don’t earn vast amounts of money for being inadequate.

6 Likes

I think being a football player or any famous person in today’s age of social networking platforms, you have to grow a thick skin. If you can’t do that, don’t bother getting on Twitter, Instagram etc. Just stay off of them and your life would be much simpler.

I do agree that the criticism Mustafi has faced has been harsh at times and I feel for him but he has to look at those comments for what they truly are, which is fans venting their frustration, often misdirected at him.
He admits to have made mistakes in big games and he should seek help in ridding his game of those mistakes. He is still relatively young and can work on himself to improve as a player.

1 Like