Skhodran Mustafi

Let’s not start taking to much of the high moral ground.
Plenty have had it and the money their on should compensate it.
Just the way the game is.

Looks much better in the second. So horrid at the centre of a CB tripletta.

Not much Mustafi can do if the manager keeps picking him. Booing him serves fuck all purpose and will just shot his confidence further.

I’m on the view too that booing him returns no tangible improvement.

I’ve seen him distraught at himself for misplaced passes after groans and boos from fans. When I talk from the basis of what I’m like as a person under the cosh, whether in the workplace or whatever - kicking me when I’m down just spirals into more pressure and more fuck ups.

The guy is shit and always will be shit, but I can only see boos contributing to shitfests than anything else really.

Stop playing him then. if you were shit at your job you’d be sacked. Make him 6th choice or sell him

Sokratis
Holding
Koscielny
Chambers
Medley
Mustafi

2 Likes

I also think that there’s an element of novelty to the booing. The game was taking place in the States obviously. A lot of those fans haven’t ever had a chance to see Arsenal play but they have had an opportunity to consume tons of Arsenal content over the years in the form of podcasts, blogs and Twitter. Mustafi bashing is one of the main things that goes on during a match when he plays.

It doesn’t surprise me that after three disastrous years of him constantly fucking up supporters who finally have a chance to voice their displeasure with his continued presence at the club booed him.

And I cannot stand the whole moral high ground argument about booing. It’s no different to a bunch of yobs chanting “you’re not fit to wear the shirt”, it’s just more English than booing IMO. Booing also doesn’t have the same weird taboo (see what I did there?) in American sports IMO. Your team sucks? Boo them. Your quarterback sucks in American football? Boo him. Santa Clause sucks? People in Philadelphia will boo him too.

Bottom line is that Mustafi is awful but I can’t really blame fans who have suffered years of the club’s steady decline for voicing their frustration at a guy who embodies the club’s decline more than anyone else.

1 Like

This is true. I was at the Dodger game last night, they have the best record in the league and one of the best teams in our 100 year history, and they blew a 6 run lead and the fans boo’d our relief pitchers lol :joy::joy: then we blew the other team out 10-6 anyways.

2 Likes

Get out of my fokin club u fakin piece of shite !

3 Likes

No

2 Likes

I am kind of agree of what @Phoebica said.

My opinion is, it does not matter if we are really booing Mustafi “only” or not, the end result is, the booing may affect the whole team, which is really bad.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter if the whole team needs booing, don’t you think?

What will booing lead to? Poor performance? Well its happening anyway.
Fuck this lot

booing your own players who try but are bad is stupid.

boo other teams’ players for making reckless tackles or shagging their brother’s wife or w/e.

*fucking grammar ffs.

4 Likes

If it is going to happen anyway, then why boo? It is not going to help but worsen the situation.

A banner is more appropriate, as least you are pointing to something/someone and not slashing the whole team.

Get your shit together, I’m watching you :hipster:

Why boo? I don’t know.
Let me see.

Every profession that comes with instant richness comes with a risk factor.
One moment you are held up as God the next you are nobody.

No one asks me to stop praising these footballers and giving them money but suddenly a little boo is harmful to the team.

These are bunch of highly paid footballers who will bank in exhorbitant amount of money, be it good performance, bad, injured or dropped. It comes with the territory.

If they are proper professionals, crowd reaction shouldn’t sidetrack them for what they are paid to do.
If they are so easily hassled, they might not be right players to play for Arsenal.

You can’t handle home crowd, how the fuck would you handle away ones.

PS - I would only boo a player who has annoyed us like Mustafi

To be fair to Mustafi, he shouldn’t be blamed for his useless performances, that responsibility lies with the people responsible for buying him and picking him for the first team.

It’s like having a go at a shop assistant Argos because the DVD player you bought doesn’t work properly.

It’s probably not a very good analogy so don’t boo me, blame the education system. :grinning:

2 Likes

Haha yeah I know what you mean. And that’s partly why I don’t like the booing. Mustafi is more than aware of what people think of him, he doesn’t live under a rock, so the booing serves no purpose except to make him and his family feel even more shitty.

I joke about him doing shit on purpose, but seriously I doubt he thinks “oh, how can I fuck this up?” It’s not his fault we paid £35m (or whatever it was) for him and it’s not his fault that our club is in such a fucking state that we have to keep playing him. That’s the issue I have, the fact that he continues to get game time because we have no other bloody options – and again, that’s not his fault.

5 Likes

Couldn’t the booing also be sending a message to the coach?

Just to draw from an American football example, it’s not unusual to have a quarterback booed if he’s having a crappy game as a sort of signal to the coach that the fans want the backup put in. I’m not saying that Emery is taking cues from the crowd, but he’s surely aware of what the crowd thinks of Mustafi. Maybe he’d think twice about starting him if he’s shit and nobody likes him.

:eyes:

5m and he is theirs !