Fábio Vieira (21)

He desperately needs to bulk up and go out on loan , possible potential but needs to work very hard on his game .

1 Like

Ridiculous
Crowd is more supportive than ever and you write something like this?
Unacceptable

I could hear the boos on my stream when he was subbed. I assumed it was Sporting fans. He wasn’t good last night but if there are folks booing the guy over that performance which was bad, but not like historically bad, they should have a rethink imo.

1 Like

It was all Sporting

To suggest anything else is bang out of order

3 Likes

Wasn’t anyone sitting near where I sit (towards the North Bank) that boo’d any of our players - although everyone around me was left underwhelmed by his performance and thinking he needs to bulk up and be stronger on the ball.

2 Likes

I’ve no idea why a loan is being talked about. He cost 30 odd million and he’s either good enough or he’s not. It’s just can kicking.

5 Likes

I don’t see what Arteta is trying to achieve with his positioning. He takes up positions that keeps him away from the ball & simple passes. He hardly receives any pass and when he does, he is such an awkward position that he immediately gets dispossessed.

No one tried to find his runs and when they don’t , we end up effectively playing with 10 men on the pitch.

Arteta must have some plans to groom him in a different way but the player is definitely suffering in short term.

Of course it was Sporting fans as you said suggesting it was Arsenal fans is ridiculous, it’s the norm for Benfica Sporting and Porto to boo each other’s players when they play for someone else

1 Like

Yeah yesterday I kept thinking “is Vieira even still on the pitch?”

He has some skills, but isn’t doing it for me yet at all… gotta hope we don’t run into injury crisis down the stretch.

Maybe just because that’s how a lot of our players who didn’t make it exit the club? They go on loan, we replace them, it’s clear they don’t have a future here and get sold.

I’m also not sure how common it is for someone to get sold after just one season.

Like I said

Don’t disagree but you asked why people were mentioning a loan. I think that’s why people are talking about it.

1 Like

I think Arteta still sees something in Vieira

Needs to put him on Nketiah’s diet and gym programme

Didn’t notice a single arsenal fan booing him. I know we love to boo an ex player but no way would Vieira deserve that treatment here.

I think he’ll be a fine player still anyway, just needs more time than some others. Odegaard wasn’t even that great on loan but now look.

1 Like

Goddamn. Eddie went on the program Chris Pratt did when he signed up to be in Marvel movies. (Yes, I know the rumor is all those actors use steroids.)

@Starboy that’s good to hear. I’m worried because I thought yesterday would have been a big opportunity for him. He’s certainly not the only one who played a little flat, and he didn’t do anything horrible imo, but he also didn’t really do anything which is a concern.

That picture keeps doing the rounds and he clearly did work out but don’t underestimate how much better the lighting is in that second photo lol

2 Likes

Yea looks much the same to me just a bit of shading to accentuate the muscle tone

1 Like

Pedant time. I didn’t. I was making a somewhat rhetorical statement. :slight_smile:

Y’all know how i roll when it comes to loans for senior players. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely lighting makes a massive difference, but Nketiah went to https://athleticdevelopmentclub.com/ who had also worked with Rio Ferdinand and apparently other Arsenal and Spuds players.

He then changed diet and lifestyle too

The fact Fabio came out in interview(s) to say he was struggling with the physicality and adapting makes me think he must be working on it where he can in the background (with hopefully a lot more focus on strength and conditioning in the summer)

And a pump. I look like Ronnie Coleman after a full body workout.