Everton

How many people have achieved what Ancelotti has in football, as a player and then as a manager?
His teams play good football as well as being successful and in so many different top leagues.
But, apparently, he’s still not good enough for us.

6 Likes

I would say that he is more then good enough for us, but maybe the wrong fit at this time.

If I was in charge of arsenal i’d have told Wenger to follow his dreams and coach the Galacticos in 2009 and got Carlo in then and there

Feel like he would have worked wonders with that team after demanding a couple of great defenders

3 Likes

I’m not making a judgement because I’m not sure I know enough to do so, but quoting past successes does not mean a manager is the man for the Arsenal job in 2020. I could probably construct a similar post extolling the brilliance of Wenger, but his past wouldn’t make him a good candidate for Arsenal manager in 2020.

Far from an Arteta cheerleader, but I’m not sure Ancelotti is what we needed. Suspect results might have been better than Arteta’s have been so far, but long term what I hear about Ancelotti suggests he is not the man to shake up our club, which is what we need.

We can quote his resume all we like to effectively shit on the decision to appoint Arteta, but I’d love to find a single poster on here who doesn’t sincerely believe that Ancelotti’s best days are behind him. Or maybe I’m wrong, and Everton is just an interlude for him, and he’ll soon return to managing a big club :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Like he would have come to cash restricted Arsenal in his prime.

His methods doesn’t even seem productive for three or four years anymore. It’s very opportunistic football without him building proper foundations. He might made a peak happen for the remainder of this season and next. But after that Arsenal would have, probably, been back at square one.

Uncle Carlo :wenger2:

7 Likes

Imagine if both Carlo Ancelotti and Arsene Wenger were your dads.

4 Likes

Yeah one could tell you about CL wins and the other. . .

Nice to see a Danish company in the prem. I’m surprised £9m is a club record for Everton though. Will be interesting to see the kit they come up with for them.

2 Likes

Will probably look at lot like the Rangers kit.

1 Like

As much as I enjoy adidas, there’s something to be said for being a brand’s biggest club.

2 Likes

I’d rather be Adidas’ eighth biggest club and get to wear Adidas kits than have to wear some bootleg Danish brand

8 Likes

Idk. I got pretty sick of being treated like an afterthought by Nike. Those asssholes made so many different Man U jackets and hoodies. We got some fairly shocking efforts.

I’m never in a million years buying a jacket or hoodie from the club anyway, so I guess things like that don’t bother me in the slightest.

2 Likes

Maybe streetwear for your club is more of an American thing?

1 Like

Yeah I reckon it is for sure.

The only sports merch people really get over here are the replica tops and maybe the occasional tracksuit.

Polos, hoodies, shorts, hats etc. are definitely more American.

I’ve got tons of Cubs hoodies and hats and t-shirts but I’ve got only got Arsenal tops and I’m definitely a much bigger Arsenal fan haha

For the first time ever I bought a pair of Arsenal home shorts to wear when I’m on my excercise bike doing my workout. As I only have smart shorts.

They are so comfy and wear them in the flat all the time now not just to work out in haha

1 Like
7 Likes

Hahahaha savage

Never heard of him either tbh

He’s not some kind who joined when he was 7 and is now 18 is he? Seems a bit unfair to call out Carlo about some random youth if that’s the case

Edit: Guy has spent 6 of the last 9 seasons out on loan in the championship lol

Yeah, I hadn’t heard of him either and he spent some time at Colchester, who I like to think I know well :grimacing:

He’s 27 though, you have to wonder why he has spent that long at a club that he was clearly never going to make it at

1 Like