European Super League

Problem with the old cwc was that too many top teams would win the league and cup double. This lead too quite average domestic runners up entering as the replacement.

Is this more in terms of the other European nations? Because I thought that in England winning the double is historically a relatively rare occurrence.

Edit: it turns out all the info is very easily found, if you could be arsed to read through and discount everything before 1960 and after 1999. Having got to M in the alphabetical list I’d say you have a point haha

1 Like

Yeah fait enough thats a good point. I guess a lot of average teams win cups too which don’t make it a particularly good spectacle.

1 Like

You’ve changed your tune, considering you were telling me off a few months ago, saying I shouldn’t turn my nose at the competition and now you want it scrapped like I do :gunnersaurus:

2 Likes

I want to win it as long as its still a thing.

Can Liverpool and United just fuck off?

Let it happen…

Our names on there. Be under no illusion here supporting a top six side equates to supporting a cunt club.

1 Like

Fair point.

Not sure how I’d feel if a European Premier League happened. I’d hate it. Not the same club I originally supported

Every year fans principles are compromised on finding ways of supporting clubs.
Dodgy sponsors, unfair distribution of tv money. We even stopped smaller clubs development by taking young kids off them.
Guess it’s basically business franchises over clubs as it is it too fans coming home too roost. Pandemic has given them a chance to push for this now.
Hillsborough was used in the same way by Sky and the PL backers in the 90s.

It’s such a shit idea from a fan perspective. There won’t be the same rivalries and atmosphere or days of the underdog that make the PL so popular.

Though long gone are the days where they give a fuck about supporters!

It’s a ghastly idea

1 Like

Plus it’s a bunch of clubs used to riding high in a table suddenly ending up 10th/12th/16th. Who the fuck wants that?

Imagine if we joined this we’d probably never play an FA cup game again. :cry:

Fans will soon get sick of the same matches what makes the champions/Europa lge special is facing different team’s each season unless ur arsenal then it’s just Munich in the knockout round

So it’s instead of the Champions League/EL then? Or are we having 100 man squads and doing all 3?

1 Like

If they want to break away then fuck off enitrely none of this weekly bollocks.

1 Like

Or Barthaylona.

1 Like

Football as an enterprise hasn’t even touched a small percentage of it’s possible earnings yet. Overseas fanbases and potential tv type amazon or Netflix deals are waiting too be claimed.
All these pre season games abroad in the last few seasons have been testing waters. Youd sell out easily and even the CL games could get played further afield than Europe easily. Most of us wouldn’t like it but with enough PR on a daily basis and given no opportunity they’ll go with it.

Could just change the champions league to all league winners from the leagues in Europe, asia an north/south America would be one way off increasing ticket sales, tv revenue an merchandise

Then just change who qualify for Europe league one and two

2 Likes