Euro 2020

6 Likes

Congrats @Calum and @Electrifying, chuffed for yas.

Cal you’re probably a touch too young to really remember 98 right? You must be so excited :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yes was only 6 in 98. No memories at all

Well done boyos, that’s big news!! Can’t believe it hasn’t happened since 1998 especially for a nation where football is so important.

3 Likes

Oh, so Cristo gets a like and I don’t. You can fuck off then @Calum, I take it all back.

Elec you’re still alright tho.

2 Likes

I remember it well, Morocco 3-0 Scotland.

Glorious game of football we absolutely dominated.

Good times.

7 Likes

I replied I thought I liked it aswell haha.

What a momentous occasion that Scotland are also appearing in our first OA LMS next summer aswell :fire:

Hopefully we have our flag by then @Bl1nk :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

1-2 against Brazil (opening game. Scotland can count themselves unlucky not to have bagged a draw)

1-1 v Norway

0-3 v Morocco

It was a difficult tournament for the Scots.

1 Like

Only thing I know is Scotland going one nill up against Brazil thanks to a John Collins (?) penalty haha it’s well talked about

1 Like

Did it make it 0-1? I kinda recalled it being the equaliser? I could be wrong, though.

It almost spelt the last hurrah for that generation. Collins, McCoist, Boyd, Goram, McCallister.

They had a couple of good games against England in the play off qualifier for Euro 2000 (Seaman and Adams were fantastic at Wembley when the Scots won), but that was sadly it.

Been a long time coming for Scotland, this

Loved France 98, the Arsenal vs Newcastle cup final was the first game I watched really well 2nd if you count Brazil vs Italy 94 final, then following that Arsenal cup win the World cup really got me into the sport.

1 Like

What a gutter I just want to go out for a few celebratory pints this weekend but can’t :sob::sob:

:black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 It works for me?

:black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Edit: lol it does in the editor, but not when confirming.

Schermafbeelding 2020-11-13 om 10.50.03

Dunno :man_shrugging: doubt Discourse will look into this.

:it: ooh they do work -> https://laendercode.net/en/2-letter-list.html

It appears Scotland don’t have one though

Edit2: Fuck knows mate.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Now that the flag issue is clear let’s move on :grin:

1 Like
3 Likes

:blue_heart: This is outstanding :joy:

Still buzzing. Today has been brilliant just having the radio on all day this have given the country a must needed lift after this bastard year.

Currently ending it listening to a football phone in. Brilliant hearing all the stories of everyone’s night

5 Likes

Actually a little bit jealous. England just expect to qualify for things. So when we don’t, like in 2008, we just abuse everyone involved. And most of the time when we do qualify, it’s like “cool”.

The only time I remember it being a kinda big deal was when David Beckham scored the free kick in the last minute against Greece in 2001 to take us to the 2002 World Cup.

6 Likes

Winning The FA Cups were brilliant but when Marshall saved that penalty them few seconds of realising he’s done it if I could bottle it I’ve never had a feeling like it. Was the best feeling I’ve had in football as its a whole country not just a group of club fans.

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t blame you, I’d be exactly the same. I mean, I was a little bit excited and I don’t even care for Scotland all that much :laughing: we don’t really get those moments as England fans. Even getting to the semi final of the World Cup, we all know we fluked that.

1 Like