Euro 2020

You said “precious” in a mocking tone, frankly confirms your position already.

People should stop being sensitive, because annoying drunks are expected to assault and berate senselessly?

7 Likes

Nah I said precious because he annoyed me by twisting my post.

So he wrote all that, which is frankly disgusting behaviour on several occasions, and all that elicits from you is “classic away game trip” as if it didn’t concern you in the slightest that fans of another country (a frankly extremely non-threatening and civil country) were being treated by your “fellow” fans? Come on man.

For the record, in the stadium I didn’t know our fans were booing Spain’s anthem, but I hate that they did, before I sound some sort of hypocrite.

2 Likes

It does sound like an away trip though?

Where did I say it doesn’t concern me? I even said that stuff happened to me as a kid and adult.

1 Like

Why are people acting like there no prick fans in every national team following? This whole narrative of England fans being the worst of the worst and everyone else is the most sophisticated fans ever nothing short of silly in my opinion. Football across the world is full of good and bad fans period.

1 Like

No one is saying that or even thinks that. England is just particularly heavy loaded in the cunt department.

14 Likes

Because I genuinely don’t believe in any other country, especially Western Europe, that fans of Denmark of all countries, would receive this treatment on such a scale.

@SpankyJoyJoy its the fact he wrote a lot, of detailed events and you essentially dismiss any of its relevance with less than ten words.

4 Likes

Unfortunately there is a sizeable portion of football fans in this country who still think it is the 80s and try to replicate that match day experience. Thankfully it does feel as if it is changing, albeit very gradually.

4 Likes

Erm, didn’t dismiss it, I haven’t been to hardly any but reminds me of away days with arsenal as a kid and adult. What you want a fucking essay of how sad it is? Was just commenting it sounds strikingly familiar to that experience, and it’s the experience you usually expect when going on away days which is not saying I agree or excuse the way they act.

Jesus christ lad

1 Like

I don’t know, because you see that type then having kids and raising them with the same mindset. I will concede you get these kind of idiots everywhere, just not to the same % as here. It’s a shame cos, I’ve been amongst my friends and enjoyed them celebrating england win, out in town etc usually a good atmosphere, but stuff like what cristo has described leaves as he says a very poor taste in the mouth.

No, but maybe condemn it, at least pretend like you give a shit people behave so fucking pathetically.

1 Like

Mate I’m at work on a site I’m not sitting here writing essays when I’m waiting for stuff I read it and quickly comment before putting my phone down. Fucking mindblown.

We know they behave pathetically. Drunk fans are usually nobheads on away days, why do I need to vocally condemn the obvious just so I sound good to you?

You see a similar thing in the US at certain domestic sporting events

With England fans, I think it stems from a false sense of superiority and arrogance

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t have a great time because of England fans. I guess I naively hoped that it might have been friendlier vibes given the lack of enmity and contentious history between the two nations. I’d expect this if it was Argentina or Germany, not to say I’d condone that behaviour or adopt it myself.

I think a bit of “your shit ahhhhh” banter/chanting is fine right outside the ground and in the ground, as its part and parcel of the matchday experience and one of the things we love about going to the football, but when it’s pre or post match in a different part of the city, you’d hope that people could muster a bit of camaraderie and act like decent hosts. Not doing nasty shit like lobbing drinks at people and screaming in people’s faces when they try to exchange pleasantries.

At so many tournaments you see people coming away saying what a great home nation X has been, how welcoming they’ve been to other nationalities. I still remember these big scary, topless Geordies looking at 8 year old me draped in my Arsenal flag, in full kit wanker mode, after the FA Cup final in 98 and being momentarily terrified, before one of them gave me a big grin and told me my flag was class, that Arsenal were a brilliant team and that he hoped I’d had a great day. To this day I’ve got a residual good will towards Geordies and Newcastle fans, just cos of that one experience, as silly as it sounds.

Whereas these little Danish kids you’re talking about will be going home having had drunken English fans screaming at them and being intimidating, which that behaviour definitely is to a young kid. As de facto hosts it sounds like we’ve not covered ourselves in glory at all.

It’s a shame because there are so many England fans who are normal people, who would have actively wanted to mingle with Denmark fans pre game and drink with them etc, but it doesn’t seem that enough of these people attend to balance out the ones behaving like cunts.

11 Likes

I had a very similar experience the first time I went to see Arsenal play at Wembley, we were playing Chelsea and I saw very similar behaviour. There is something about that stadium and high stakes that brings out the absolute worst in some cunts.

2 Likes

Fucking scum, he’s only doing his job. Shows there are cunts everywhere. At least some people jumped in to help him instead of attack him, but I hope the culprits are punished.

1 Like

Is nothing sacred, attacking the pizza delivery man is like attacking an ambulance

8 Likes

The drunk argument is a load of shite tbh

Doesn’t give anyone a reason or excuse to act that way.

12 Likes

Got this wake up call when I went to watch a game at a local pub back in the day, mind NW is a mostly black/ethnic area. Was maybe 15/16 at the time and it was England vs Turkey apart from all the other casual racism that was thrown around, majority of fans were singing “I would rather be a P**i than Turk” for basically the whole game couldn’t fucking believe what I was hearing. This is what me and few others been saying for a while, and when you experience this kind of crap in a variety of different places including at the stadium and even in bars abroad, it should be easy to see why lots of us dislike the national team and the fans.

I love my country, and think it’s the greatest country on earth but what I’ve experienced with English national team fans I’ve never experienced with any other country. Which is why I root against them. (Note I’m not saying that there isn’t racist cunts or dickheads supporting other nations but, our behaviour really is the worst)

4 Likes