England

If only England could get a world class manager.

3 Likes

Central midfield is Southgate’s biggest tactical failing. Doesn’t know what to do with Bellingham, and doesn’t know how to utilise Rice other than as a DM destroyer.

Both players are far more dynamic for their clubs but they play so rigidly for England.

Can’t see what our identity is at all. Think that we’ll be doing a cowardly Spurs job at the WC. Playing on the break.

Tbf, if we can get out the group and come up against decent teams who dominate the ball, that tactic might be pretty effective in knockout football where the margins are so small.

3 Likes

If? You are playing Iran and America lol

3 Likes

Titans of the soccer world brev, got to take every opponent seriously when you’ve got Slabhead in the heart of defence and T-Rex arms in goal

2 Likes

I think it’s clear. Don’t go too far forward with too many players. Be hard to beat. And be shit.

We’re basically every Roy Hodgson team ever, with the added dynamic of some of the world’s greatest divers in the side.

4 Likes

Southgate is an average manager who only beats lower ranked teams and gets found out against better opposition with better coaches.
It will be interesting to see where he goes after the England job.
I can’t imagine supporters of any PL club being thrilled at having him as manager.

1 Like

Can’t even beat the lower teams anymore, Hungary destroyed us.

His football was always trash it was just exciting because England got to the latter rounds for once. Let’s not act like it wasn’t half scrappy wins and penalties though.

Our WC run was as piss as it gets, found out by Croatia in the semi.
Our Euro run wasn’t much harder, found out by Italy in the final having dived our way past Denmark.

1 Like

If we must go 5atb (gets the best out of James imo) then:

-------------Ramsdale-------------
-----Walker - Tomori - White-----
James -------------------Chilwell/Trippier
-------Mount--------Phillips-------
Saka----------Kane--------Grealish

But would rather just go 4-3-3:

----------------Ramsdale-------------
James — White — Tomori — Walker
------Mount-----Rice-----Phillips------
—Saka----------Kane---------Grealish—

Could easily swap out a winger for Sancho (if he is ever on form), Rashford if we want to be more direct and White can swap for Stones. Bellingham for Mount again depending on form, options are there.

Dunno it seems pretty simple to me, for once we have a pretty complete squad even if the midfield isn’t outstanding and just need to stick to the obvious.

Dry bread looking, no seasoning on , alcohol free, fossil football man

Not sure Gareth has many in the media left on side.

And those who are may leave after seeing tonight’s line up. Dier is going to the World Cup, isn’t he? :sob:

Not sure i have the energy to watch this.

I gave up with Clowngate a while ago, can’t take this shit serious when Maguire is still starting for England despite he’s barely played at club level this season

Lovely that Saka doesnt start. Now i can root for the german to BLITZ England. 4-1 for Ze Germans. :de:

2 Likes

Don’t think anyone cares about the score tbh

That England away top is a cracker.

1 Like

I really like the Germany kit

3 Likes

Nick Pope as kid was definitely put in goal because he possessed close to no ability on the ball. A blessing and a curse.

1 Like

Where did channel 4 find Graeme Le Saux from?

Reminds me of mid 2000’s MoTD2 with Adrian Chiles :laughing:

So far, this is like a dress rehearsal for the NLD.

Not the first time Sterling failed today

3 Likes

Was always going to happen with him, build him up and tear him down

He’ll probably deserve it after a flaming out at the World Cup though