Emiliano Martinez

Nothing but love for the guy. Deserves his shot to be a number 1. Hope he does well, except against us.

1 Like

Thanks Emi :pray:

Excellent acquisition by Villa.
As mentioned in their statement, he could be one of those who just started the progress in his career.

Damn absolute class act.

1 Like

Lovely fee

2 Likes

Top, top man. On a human level, sad to see a guy like that leave the club. Feels like we’ve really lost something here.

Wish him the absolute best for the future and hope he becomes the Argie #1.

Take care Emi :cry:

12 Likes

Just watched the interview. That was really fucking good and heartwarming.

I’ve got even more time for him now!! Hope he fucking kills it.

Seems like the kind of guy who would have gone on to be an Arsenal Legend with that attitude.

Kind of wish we’d invested more minutes in him than Fabianski, Sczesney, Mannonne, Almunia and Czech.

5 Likes

Just watching this on my lunch.

I’m not crying, you’re crying.

I love this man. What an impact he made in just a few months. Hope he smashes it (and we buy him back)

6 Likes

Same here :joy:

Definitely teared up at my desk hahaha

Good luck to him, but getting 20 million for a player two or three months ago we’d be lucky to get 2 million for is amazing business.

He’s always going to hold a special place at Arsenal for his last few months but we need to move on and get money in to build our squad. We got to be ruthless and what makes Arsenal great again is all I care about.

I think I’m heartless. I watched the interview and all I’m thinking is “cool, bye” :ozil:

1 Like

Ice Queen

Wait till its Bellerin. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, that’ll be a sad day. He’ll be here until he retires though.

Football gets a bad rap for systemic corruption, vanity and privilege but it’s stories like Martinez’s that shows the beauty of the game.

Coming from an impoverished background and securing the future of your family whilst creating unforgettable memories in the process is a wonderful thing

Best of luck to him, his stock will never be higher and we received an great fee all things considered. Couldn’t have hoped for a better ending to his tenure here.

4 Likes

Enjoy your lunch mate. Im sure you wont be able to have dinner after this bad boy of a sandwhich.

8 Likes

20m is good business. Nonetheless I think we may regret this sale. Sad that he’s leaving but I’m glad for his sake.

2 Likes

This is £20m essentially conjured up out of nowhere when we look back between the Brighton match and now.

He has been amazing and will be missed, I wish him all the luck in the world at Villa, hope he smashes it.

We’ve done Villa 3 favours now:

• Didn’t turn up to Birmingham last season when we played with no energy or ideas, and Villa fought to a 1-0 win
  • Beat Watford last day of the season to help keep Villa up
  • Gave them a top class keeper who knows the league

They better give us the 6 points this season :grin:

6 Likes

Or a tree falls on his head. :grinning:

West Midlands shite