Emiliano Martinez

Guy is Stuart Tayloring his career away.

2 Likes

Confirmed.

1 Like

Life of a goalie seems like a perpetual guest role

1 Like

You want to have a story to tell your kids, “well I played 6 times for Arsenal, 3 times for Getafe, twice for Timbuktu, 8 times for Neverland…” He’s not gonna make it here. Just leave permanently mate – find a home.

He’ll be our #2 next season no need to waste money on a goalkeeper to sit on the bench

1 Like

I don’t think he will be. Unless he has a blinder at Reading, I think we’ll buy another one. Leno and Martínez as our GK options doesn’t fill me with confidence. Matt Macey is still hanging around somewhere too.

2 Likes

I agree with you but don’t want us to waste money on a GK when we have limited funds ffs :see_no_evil:

He doesn’t leave cause no one will pay the salaries he have here.

Isn’t he only on like £10k a week?

Pff

I wouldn’t scratch my nuts for £10k a week

No need to get rid. He’s fine as #2 going into next season.

The point of sending him on a loan all of a sudden is to free up wages so that now we can make some cheapskate winter transfer. Even if his salary is low we can probably adjust it to pay less the first 6 months and more later. Barca is getting KP Boateng which is ~on the same squad pos. as Suarez who didn’t get any playtime already so I hope we get him and do it with the intent to play him as a winger. Also, Barca have De Jong on their webpage now so that’s another midfielder in in summer. Suarez has to leave somewhere, if not here then somewhere else lol

Apparantly they told him to be the 2nd choice next season. I was hoping for another goalkeeper.

Why waste money on a keeper. He’s a good backup GK who deserves a chance at being number 2

Behind Leno? Very risky.

Leno doesn’t really convince me tbh. I think a (cheap) 2nd option who might surpass him in the future would have my preference.

I feel the same about Leno but more important things to get first imo

When you compare our no 1 option to the other sides in the top 6 it’s clear as day we need a keeper, much like we basically need a whole new defence.

Even mid table teams have better goalkeeping options than Leno and Martinez. I’d only be happy with Martinez as no2 if we had a far superior no1.

1 Like

Who says he’s good? Guy has like twelve professional appearances, fuck do you know

2 Likes