Emiliano Martinez

He’d have put in a transfer request if we didn’t give him no. 1.

I’d have been happy giving him number 1 tbh, had a great game against Palace.

So good on crosses, even the commentators were saying he’s one of the only goalies left who catches balls rather than punches them lol

2 Likes

The deal better have been structured so we have a good sell on clause and/or a buy back. Obviously it won’t because we’re run by incompetents.

1 Like

The way Villa fans rave about him over on the Villa forum says a lot too. They can’t believe their luck and many think he’s probably the best goalkeeper they’ve had in the PL era.

I don’t usually rate players of small sample sizes of good form but with Emi you could just seen that he had it all as a goalkeeper.

6 Likes

He’s on track to win golden glove so far, and has already kept more CS this season Aston Villa did last season.

Obviously the defence plays a role, but I think it’s clear that he’s a top class keeper.

2 Likes

Can’t say much about him sadly, didn’t watch many games while he was on the goal during last season… but rated him since his early days here, sad and happy at the same time he’s doing so good atm.

He was obviously too good for the bench, same as Leno, one had to go, a tough choice no matter how you look at it. I’m always a fan of GKs who are more commanding in the box, taller one’s like Emi, especially in this league where they are under more pressure with all the crosses, long balls etc.

Maybe Villa can thank us by sending Grealish in the other direction, I could probably feel a bit easier about Emi that way. :wenger2:

1 Like

This would absolutely be about the most Arsenal thing to happen this season wouldn’t it? Selling him and then he wins the golden glove.

I wonder what the odds are on that, because it’s going to happen haha :bergkamp:

1 Like

He’s not going to win the golden glove

1 Like

Looks like a giant in goal and felt so comfortable knowing he would win most crosses coming into the box. If that filters down to even the fans then gotta wonder what sort of impact that has on the men in front of him.

2 Likes

His play filters into the defence no doubt he brings a calmness and assuredness to the team that just means they will be harder to break down - wish we never let him go !?

Just been to the baklava shop

4 Likes

That knafeh looks sexy AF. Hope it’s fresh bro.

The green stuff looks unreal

Accompanied with a glass of milk or a scoop of ice cream?

Of course it was fresh my man. Can confirm it was unreal.

Had some Sutlac on the side with it :drooling_face:

3 Likes

I want to go back to edgeware road now.

Ah man that’s heavenly stuff. I like having a couple pieces of tatli with a glass of milk, goes really well with the overriding sweetness. Or dondurma if you can find the right restaurant that makes it, mmmhmmm.

2 Likes

Id never eaten this sort of stuff before, but I did an extension for a family from Iran I believe and she made me a box quite similar to this to take home every couple of weeks. So jealous of you right now haha.

3 Likes

Green Lanes is where you wanna be if you love Turkish food for sure lol

1 Like

To be fair most of North London is great for Turkish food lol

3 Likes

But isn’t edgeware road the place to be for Arab food?

I can’t lie I’m in my car right now finishing off some errands and I really want some kunefe now