Emile Smith Rowe (10)

Done very well after the red car reverse. Was very shaken at the time and wondered if it would effect him.
Very small point but good reaction from the players questioning the ref.

I have confidence he will be a regular starter next season.

He looks really good.

Marti ESR Saka

Aubameyang

:fire:

1 Like

Absolutely love the way he took the goal. The crucial point for me were his first couple of moves thereā€¦ Before he touched the ball I think he smelled the goal already and knew where he was going. Right away didnā€™t lose time to calm the ball, took the pass with his first touch and at the same moment made his move forward.
Thatā€™s where he basically made the goal. If he only took an extra second the defence would be in a better shape and the chance would be gone. Some players have the skill, but theyā€™re just so slow to realise opportunies and spaces on the pitch. ESR is definitely no one of those. A brilliant football brain.

Just hope he continues with the same attitude and hopefully doesnā€™t become lazy when he gets his first proper contract.

3 Likes

I really like the kid but itā€™s still a small sample size.

Iā€™m hoping we sign a quality 10 in the summer, that way can have proven quality and a talented kid as options.

2 Likes

I wonder if he will get the #10 if Ozil leaves

If Smith Rowe is a starting player next season weā€™ve failed on the market again.

4 Likes

well if he gets shit done assists and scores why cant he start?

1 Like

Iā€™d rather ESR from what Iā€™ve seen so far than a flopped Brandt or a fat, neutered Isco.

5 Likes

You could have said the same thing about Saka last season but I for one am glad we didnā€™t compromise on his games by trying to make Pepe work.

I get your point though.

1 Like

We need a signing for competition anyways, fuck Arsenal fans get hyped up and sucked in so fast when it comes to young players or a signing etc.

1 Like

apparently has a goal or assist on average every 73 minutes he has playedā€¦that is really good numbers.

Point is we still have competition.

Yes they are, but itā€™s also an insanely small sample size.

1 Like

No doubt we need better midfield options

1 Like

not disagreeing but he has done well no one can take that away from him. ESR first and foremost has to say fit that is one major worry because at the moment if we start depending on him and he gets injured we are shafted again and he gets injured a LOT.

2 Likes

Definitely need a cam this winter or summer. Never been consistent with fitness and such we need some depth in tbat department but I dont want some waste of space I want young and ready to prove themselves. Smith rowe can play on the wing as well so he will always get game time aslong as he stays fit.

The world of attacking midfielders is a lot greater than Brandt or Isco.

3 Likes

Iā€™m talking about players that are within reach of our limited scope

2 Likes

Meh. I think our scope is broader than you think. We will get, or have gotten, rid of a lot of deadwood this summer.

If Guendouzi makes amends with Arteta, and Maitland-Niles isnā€™t sold, we can (and should?) direct our available funds towards an attacking midfielder. Not too worried about the funds.

3 Likes

I donā€™t see Guendouzi ever coming back but I think we could have some players with real value to sell this summer and if the football economy is back in good enough shape we could actually do it.

Guendouzi
Torreira
Pepe
Lacazette
Nketiah

Guendouzi and Nketiah are both very young, Pepe and Torreira still young enough, and weā€™ll still get something for a player like Lacazette. I think they will all have markets.