Elon Musk (and Ex Twitter)

Piers Morgan :man_shrugging:t4:

10 Likes

9 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes
2 Likes

Make working conditions even worse than you have for the past 3 weeks for highly paid people with options with nothing in return and expecting them to just live with it? I’d bet a lot of the people that ticked the box were doing it to keep their job steady while they considered their option too.

I honestly can’t imagine why anyone would want to stay there now. There’s a lot made of company values and culture, but whatever that was at this company a month ago isn’t what it is now. You now have a CEO that goes on Twitter to call your work shit. And who makes it clear you work for a failing company with no future. There’s zero reason to be loyal to it.

8 Likes

6 Likes

Him destroying twitter while simultaneously destroying his own public image is the best thing he’s ever done.

Thanks Elon :+1:

5 Likes

This is so erratic.

The 44 billion buyout must come with tons of pressure to improve revenue. Otherwise I just don’t see how any of this is a regular CEO behaviour.

Musk has not been reported to be so weird with his other businesses.

Twitter loses 4 million a week and is 20 billion debt as it is its not sustainable. People who don’t know how businesses are run or how to turn a failing business to profiting one don’t understand what is being done here.

People who understand Mathematics can tell that buying a business which loses 4 million a week and is in 20 billion debt for a total sum of 44 billion, is a stupid investment.

2 Likes

The power and sway Twitter has is a good investment if you can make it profitable but that’s a gamble. There is a reason why the establishment lost they collective mind (particularly the left) as who is in control of Twitter controls the discourse

Let’s keep aside the political agenda, I am more or less not a lefty.
My post only concerns the urgency being shown by Elon Musk to make Twitter profitable.

For all the debt, Twitter never looked like they were in such a rush prior to Elon.
Now Elon is on board and it feels like he has a deadline on him to make Twitter profitable & his treatment of twitter employees is very desperate.

One of the things probably most important things is cut out bloat. Facebook did something similar last week by cutting 10k plus jobs I think (correct me if I’m wrong about the numbers). The easiest way to start saving is to get rid of staff and streamline, cut back on things like providing free lunch for those in the office and focusing on the more valuable areas (the engineers).

I understand that and I have no issues with it.

I am talking about calling out employees publicly, sending them ultimatums, and publicly announcing the app’s poor performance on Android.
I don’t see how that is helping.

I don’t think it is very motivating to tell employees that their job is under constant scrutiny. These are top-of-the-cream employees who graduated from top universities (not some low-grade grateful engineer with a diploma degree). If you give them such ultimatums, they will prioritise their resume over their work by now. The market may be down but software engineers have tons of jobs to switch to.

2 Likes

Tesla has 150 engineers leading company in its field it’s not about amount it’s the quality of them. I’ve given people ultimatums in my job it’s normal but the Twitter one was leaked. As the owner he can say that it doesn’t run well on android the employee chose to have a public spat with him. If you are hostile, resistant or oppose the new vision/direction the business is going the you are just a hinderance and should be sacked.

As a professional, Elon is supposed to send a mail to his employee, if he has a query. He initiated a public conversation and any disagreement will naturally come publicly.
Elon gave him the choice and the employee took it.

How is this normal professional behaviour?

Have you ever questioned your subordinates in front of a customer?

7 Likes

Your logic is getting in the way of @ryaninho licking his corporate daddy’s scrotum.

Stop making sense goddamnit.

9 Likes

Most people do understand the basics of how a business is run and also know that spending 40 billion on a business that was 20 billion in debt and losing millions, clearly isn’t a wise investment.
It’s also not good business to treat staff with such contempt and to slag off the company so publicly.

But Musk is a control freak who is driven by greed and that’s why he bought the biggest social media platform so he can use it as a tool to gain even more influence and control.

Musk might be the richest and most powerful man but what is there to like or admire about him?
He’s a blatant bully, obsessed by power, who lacks social skills and treats his employees like dogs but he still has fans.

3 Likes

The funniest thing is that Musk was forced to buy Twitter.

He was chatting so much shit and giving it large that they made it so far into the contract negotiations that he couldn’t back out of it without a huge lawsuit that he would almost certainly lose, a lawsuit that would massively damage Twitter’s already sinking value as he would have to try and destroy Twitter’s reputation in the lawsuit to justify wanting to back out lol

So it was either pay $44bn for a company worth $30bn (or whatever) before the lawsuit or most likely lose the lawsuit and then have to pay $44bn for a company now worth $15bn (or whatever) lol

10 Likes