Elon Musk (and Ex Twitter)

You make a statement which simply doesn’t hold any water.

I know you live on a farm in a remote part of Portugal.

I was in Portugal and I saw Teslas there too.

It’s obvious you will see them in cities first and with time infrastructure for these cars will expand.

Hell, I even saw a few Teslas in Marrakech.

You can not like Musk. But the constant lying or twisting facts as to diminish Tesla’s achievements is just hilarious.

Imagine I am not here and all you lot do is circle jerk into each other’s mouth how Musk achieved nothing and Tesla sold zero cars.

At least I provide a little insight from the other side and actual reality.

Credit he’s used the money that’s come his way for nobel purposes like spacex, but no way he’s a true genius imo.

To be fair this thread probably wouldn’t exist if you weren’t here :grin:

1 Like

Y’all would just nod and pat each other on the back spreading a lot of fake news without any sources to support the nonsense regarding Musk, Tesla and all the assertions about him: receiving 200k; never coded in his life; nobody buys Tesla statements.

Weird choice to remove the smiley from the response.

Anyway, don’t think I’ve been spreading any lies in here. I’m not really claiming anything about Musk here other than him not being some super genius and someone who is genuinely interested in helping the planet.

Oh, I’ve also pointed out how he’s not a free speech absolutist. Don’t think you’ve addressed that one since it transpired he was full of shit there. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s fair enough. I will commend you for also acknowledging certain things regarding Tesla and Musk. That’s more than some others have mustered up to do.

P.s. I have added the smiley, I quickly selected to quote on my phone.

1 Like

I also divided my time in Lisbon and the Algarve ,spend time in Italy and the US so not just talking about a remote part of the country. Also if you read all of my post I’m talking about the whole car driving and ownership experience which is my interest. I couldn’t give a rat’s arse about Elon Musk or Tesla either way but im not supporting or investing in something which is a hell of a long way off of being viable as the future of all inclusive transport for each and everyone of us.

But how can it be for everyone when it just started and other automakers literally just come around now to produce EVs too?

You have got to start somewhere, sometime. That start is now.

You don’t want to support EVs and therefore consequentially support internal combustion engines instead and their polluting of the earth by CO2 emissions. That’s your choice. I don’t understand why you wouldn’t want to support EVs if you’re concerned about reducing co2 emissions by car exhaust pollution, which is a massive contributor.

Lastly if you don’t give a rat’s ass about Tesla or musk, then at least try to be factual when claiming “nobody is buying them”.

Because that is easily proven to be evidently untrue. :slight_smile:

I’m sure I said electric cars are the way to go in the future but they’re not the answer now,I’m sure the technology will be much more advanced in the future.
I have a weakness for cars but I settle my conscience in other ways by living in a greener ecological friendly way than a lot of people. It’s contradictory I know but I don’t set out to be perfect in the way people should live their lives.

Electric cars are our good bets for a better future imo, and I’m hopeful there’ll be even better options around in the future. May be gravity/anti-gravity propulsion systems in the future, which will be total energy friendly, but that’s still a long long shot. It will however cure us of our dependence on the limited fossil fuel resources, which aren’t very environment friendly either. If things don’t change a bit effectively quite soon, a couple hundred years down the line on this planet, think something will have to give.

Still waiting for hover cars though

Are you serious? The way people drive on the Beltway the last thing we need are hover cars.

Now hoverboards? That’s what I want.

Ronald Regan? The actor?!

1 Like

Interesting read about Space X and Musk.

https://www.hotcars.com/reasons-why-buying-a-tesla-is-a-bad-idea/
This is a good read there are so many more I could clog the thread with but I won’t in the fairness of diversity that Musk fans like to restrict themselves to as well :wink:

Standard no true scotsman fallacy right there lol

Eh that article was basically a bunch of diff ways to say that the cars are expensive and the technology isn’t perfect yet.

I think Elon is a tool but I’d love to be able to drive an electric car. Idk if I’d want a Tesla with two kids though. Kids and luxury vehicles don’t mix.

1 Like

I need that electric station wagon with the wood grain on the outside of the car.

6 Likes

Sales, numbers and prospects best year ever. Stock price doesn’t reflect this at all, hence massive buying opportunities which I have been scooping up every week.

It’s market cap is still larger than GM, Ford and Toyota all put together. The future is bright with everything it has got in the pipeline and an EV market it’s still dominating and has got massive first mover advantages. It’s leap and bounds ahead over other automakers dabbling into the EV sector.

Yes that was the whole point of me posting this, investing in something in which is a million miles off setting out what it is supposed to do and passing it off as something environmentally friendly is just mugging off future buyers.