Elon Musk (and Ex Twitter)

Yup, I really want someone to ask him about his plans to remove bots from Twitter.

2 Likes

Genius. Businessman.

Apparently twitter won’t see next week lol.

Great job Musk you clown

1 Like

He already expanded on this. Verification process will be implemented to combat bots. He made clear it will never be possible to avoid bots, but they can massively minimise it.

So state actors can’t blue check 10000s of bots:

• verification via mobile phone iOS and android security measures to prevent bot armies
  • verification via payment credit card, in combination with the unique phone requirement.

It’s harder to amass millions of bots.

I give it two years for Musk and co to fix Twitter.

He also wants twitter to become more like YouTube and tik tok, offer creators better pay for content, basically is going to overhaul it bottom to top.

Do you place any significance on the messy start to his twitter reign (that’s me trying to put it kindly), or is it just Musk being a typically egotistocal showman and nothing more, and that ultimately his actions so far are going to lead to him successfully overhauling twitter and sorting out the pre existing issues with the platform?

8 Likes

guise, he bought the thing 2 seconds ago, don’t you think it is a bit early to summarise his evil reign? :sweat_smile:

I mean I don’t even understand why he bought the thing yet :sweat_smile: maybe I’m slow.

I am currently looking at fraud management at my firm.
Trust me there are enough unique mobile numbers to keep the bots in place.

Twitter doesn’t provide enough benefits for users to pay $8 per month to get Twitter blue. So 90% of Twitter users are going to regular users, who won’t have a blue checkmark against them.

Twitter will continue to have bots and there are enough stolen cards to have fair few bots with a blue tick.

Extremely difficult.
Tiktok is short-form video platform. They have a creator fund model and are struggling to come up with a system to help creators get on an ad revenue share model. Bringing back Vine won’t generate as much ad revenue as Youtube.

Youtube is a beast and Twitter won’t be able to justify the running cost of having billions of videos allowed to be hosted for free. Vimeo charges a bomb if the videos are streamed above a certain limit.
The only reason YouTube are able to do so is because they have a monopoly in the market.

1 Like

Maybe this was his plan all along, although its an incredible amount of money to pay lol

Get rid of all social media and take it back to how it was in the 90s, early 2000s
Its been nothing but a huge problem in all walks of life.
I know theres positives, but do they outweight the negatives SM brings?

1 Like

If this is true then the previous board have pulled off the grandest of hustles here forcing through this sale :ozil:

1 Like

Twitter has 6billion in cash right now, musk
Needs to steady the ship before it runs out.

I think so yes.
The amount of jobs that have been created by social media alone makes it worth it.

I think he didn’t want to buy it in the end - and he kinda overplayed his hand there. His style of management isn’t for everyone to put it mildly, but he has had success so far with it. Tesla is doing things with 150 top tier engineers, where other companies employ 3000 for similar scope of work.

One of the things he maybe underestimated is that engineers aren’t the same type of people as social media managers.

I do think he and his team can turn it around. This won’t happen overnight and it is going to be ugly at first - as we can already see. It will take I think about two years with lots of problems along the way, but eventually it will come good.

I watched the Q&A he did regarding Twitter and his plans and a lot of it makes sense.

Twitter how it was, wasn’t really going anywhere. He will try transform the platform into something beyond the simple tweeting, which will still be there, but add features that can elevate it to the next big thing.

His style of CEO’ing is unorthodox, but I think it plays in his advantage. I certainly don’t agree with everything he says or does, but in many ways I do think he makes sense and raises some good points. Doesn’t mean he isn’t a hypocrite or asshole at times. He is.

I still think someone who manages to make Tesla (on the brink of bankruptcy when he just joined) profitable and become one of the most exciting and innovative companies in the world and Space X a commercial success, is someone quite smart.

If anyone can transform Twitter and make it a) more profitable and b) a better platform, it will be him.

4 Likes

It’s a shame though.
I much rather prefer Musk spends more time with Tesla & SpaceX ventures.
Taking over Twitter will take his focus away for the next 2 or 3 years and the overall value add of Elon’s time will be wasted on an app.

2 Likes

Yea we probably won’t ever get to live on Mars now cos of this distraction

6 Likes

Appreciate the response :+1:

It almost goes witbout saying, but I obviously hope you are wrong about him turning it around :joy: Not just because I dislike him, but because I think it would be funny for twitter to totally collapse.

He so often seems a total fucking idiot to me cos of the way he behaves and his manner of taking certain decisions, but I do recognise that he obviously can’t be a total fucking idiot given some of his achievements.

2 Likes

This guy was doing a decent job with SpaceX. Why not just try make more progress in that field(which is quite vital in the grand scheme of things) instead of trying to spoil twitter(more than it already was)? But no. the monkey in him couldn’t resist twitter and I feel this is going to be a downfall of sorts for him. Such a clown of a guy.

I used to admire this guy a bit for his spacex and tesla ventures, but lately, I feel like he’s turning into a bit of a clown. Or was he a clown all along? That’s up for debate I guess :grin:

1 Like

I think he’s been both all along :smile: personally I pay less mind to his antics and more on his actual achievements which are absolutely insane.

4 Likes

I guess that’s a very fair assessment. His contributions to space exploration can’t be overlooked.

1 Like