Edu Gaspar

Lelelelelelelelelele u smoked as f dood deeeerp. Wenger had nothing to do with the bad signings its all on the bald fraud :joy: :+1: :+1:

5 Likes

I think it’s great we’re clearing out all these disaffected and largely over paid players who aren’t worth anything anyway.

Take my hat off to Edu for clearing out all this shit who mostly aren’t fit to wear the shirt or who need to get more experience and prove they deserve a start in future.

What’s staggering is the amount of money wasted on a lot of worthless shitters in the days of Gazidis, Wenger and Raul.

2 Likes

He cancelled their contract. Pretty sure anyone can do that.

4 Likes

Edu getting Özil, Kola, and Mustafi to cancel their contracts:

2 Likes

I think days past the regime would’ve been handing them really big contract extensions

tbf they tried with mustafi. He said no :arteta:

1 Like

:wright:

10 Likes

I feel people are perhaps being a little harsh on Edu here.

I’d be amazed if he didn’t get some money back on the early terminations - maybe not a lot but a few millions here and there.

Secondly these overpaid and unsaleable shitters are no longer stinking up the atmosphere in the club. In the past we would’ve kept them hanging around until the Summer spreading their poisonous self serving sense of injustice for not being picked just because they were shit.

Third with the youngsters on loan he’s giving them the best possible development opportunity rather than having them on the fringes of the squad just getting frustrated they’re not playing. This will increase their value if value is to be had. He’s done a good job at getting them out on loan this window.

Fourth there seems to be a method in what he’s doing in the squad. Buying a Thomas Partey which we’d needed for years, building cover for the 10 position as examples.

I think he was reputed to have done a good job in Brazil before he came here.

The biggest criticism so far was the Willian deal. My jury is still out on him but feel he’s at least having a sensible go and acting rationally which we haven’t seen in his recent predecessors. I reserve judgment for the time being.

1 Like

Covid bro. We’re strapped for cash.

If only we had a loaded ownership to bail us out in these tough times.

1 Like

Well yeh we fired practically everyone at the club who knew the first thing about transfers.

Yet to see this guy sign someone on a permanent contract for a reasonable deal. I don’t think we should be giving him much credit for paying off players to leave, after he bloated the squat himself last summer.

Edu gets Arteta some good players and creative help, but Arteta doesn’t use it.

We may be finding out where the real problem here is.

2 Likes

I think with all the money wasted before he arrived and Coronavirus as well as our self funding model he has his hands tied.

The big contract bet on Willian was a horror though and so is the Auba extension although I didn’t see the problem with the latter coming

Not been helped by injury problems with Partey, Tierney and Martinelli who’ve been our best signings in recent years

If we get a real manager in I’d imagine Edu will be out the door as well as we try to bring an end to amateur hour.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Referring to Francis Cagigao?

No idea.

Fear not, Luigi Gaspar will save our season.

1 Like