Eddie Nketiah (14)

2 Likes

The ultimate super-sub all Championship long for.

We should write down the loan fee based on minutes played or something. As it stands most of these clubs have no real vested interest in playing the players unless they are really good. Which most of them are not.

5 Likes

on reports of Eddie Nketiah returning to the club…
Yes, we are having a meeting tomorrow with Raul and Edu to go through all the loans and situation. I know he is coming tomorrow, so I will speak to him and we will try to make the best decision for him.

well he always looked better than the rest of the recent batch of academy kids in attack anyway, I would have him as fifth choice up there behind Auba Laca Pepe Gabi in this moment, and there’s no serious competition imo as long as we play with midfielders as full backs (Saka+AMN), Saka has looked good wide here and there so could also be an option later when we get our FBs back. But until then if we are raising our intensity and have some injuries maybe we need another guy in rotation who isn’t just running around doing nothing.

How do you insist though on another side what they should do.

You can’t force their manager to pick certain line ups, but you can seek some assurances from the club about their intentions, and I’d imagine the leverage is that we won’t be loaning them any talented youngsters ever again if they just lie to us about their intentions and take the piss.

I assume that’s what is meant when they say we are insisting he plays. Which is totally reasonable on our part tbf

It is but a bit of PR spin because it ultimately fell short with Leeds for him and it’s looking a little secondary with these lesser looking clubs.

Or recall clause, or both. I know in FM you can also stipulate payments that are conditioned on playing or not playing. I’m not sure the AI is actually smart enough, but what I often did was make it more expensive for loaning clubs NOT to play my players than to play them.

Arteta mentioned today that there is some chance he stays with us. Training with the first team today.

I’m not sure what is best. He really could use more game time and experience. But realistically it is hard for a young player to move to a club on loan in the middle of the season and seamlessly integrate into their system, such that you’re quickly starting most matches. And there is a genuine chance that we could use him with our Europa League schedule this spring. If Auba or Laca takes a knock and has to miss a month, the other one will be starting every single match for us in every competition, with very few bench options. I think there is also some value in Arteta getting a long look at him this spring and having a better basis to decide whether he fits into our future plans in some way or not.

With Laca running his arse into the ground lately, it won’t be a surprise if he’s injured/fatigued soon. So its not out of the question that Nketiah stays, especially if we continue to deploy Auba out wide due to our lack of wide options (only Nelson and Pepe).

Our squads thin as fuck when you think about it.

1 Like

Ornstein seal of approval.

1 Like

This decision will only make sense if Arteta gives him alot of game time. If not, then it would’ve been better for him to go out on loan where he was guaranteed to start.

2 Likes

He’s not better than Martinelli. He won’t play. He’ll lose value. We’ll end up selling him next January for £5m.

1 Like

I always thought he looked crack, but wonder what position he’ll be used in and how many games he’ll end up getting though. We’ll see.

1 Like

I was wondering who Eddie reminded me of, Marlo Stanfield!

For that reason alone, he is gonna make it.

4 Likes

man he does look like that guy in that clip lol

1 Like