Eddie Nketiah (14)

Nketiah has more technichal ability than Lolcott. Also better that at being onside.

Walcott one was odd because he was sort of groomed for it. I remember Henry hugging him a lot during his last season before games started when he was a kid.

:partey:

15 Likes

Er yeah on review my wording was fucking weird :joy: :laca:

1 Like

Incidentally, Henry never did that with Reyes.

A little bit of TLC, and Reyes could have stayed here for years. Great little player

1 Like

I always thought that was the plan originally tbh until it went south. He was only 21 years old when he bounced?

1 Like

Yeah that sounds about right. He was definitely 19 when he joined in 2004.

I can remember that even Reyes fired a parting shot at Ashley Cole before he left, even though they both left in the same window lol

1 Like

Wasn’t Reyes being homesick and wanting to stay in Spain the reason he went back? Was a very gifted player though.

Walcott was more clinical upfront right?
If choose in between 2, I take Walcott for sure.

WHAT!!!

Walcott one of the worst players I’ve seen in an Arsenal shirt.

Cannot believe you’ve just chosen him over Jose Reyes!! lol

1 Like

That’s a wild exaggeration imo. He’s one of only twenty players ever to score more than 100 goals for the club.

10 Likes

I honestly couldn’t stand him

1 Like

Yea fair enough but that’s a very different statement :slight_smile:

He was definitely a frustrating player.

Frustrating, makes him horrible to watch, makes him one of the worst ive seen in an Arsenal shirt.

All opinions mate. Said in another thread that stats can be used in different ways to show different things.
Walcott with 100+ goals doesnt tell the full story.

It absolutely, 100% tells the story that he wasn’t one of our worst ever players.

Reyes was also frustrating tbh and if he’d stuck around ten years we might see similar opinions stated about him. And I wouldn’t remotely agree with that either.

1 Like

As I said, its all about opinions isnt it.

In my eyes, he was.
In yours he wasnt.

Cant be right or wrong with opinions.

Saying Walcott is one of the worst players you’ve seen for Arsenal is just a really crappy opinion.

I can’t stand him and couldn’t wait to get rid of him but he is comfortably clear of any worst player list.

6 Likes

LOL

It is an opinion nevertheless though?

Sure, it is, but it is a crappy one.
I honestly can’t believe you think Mari is a good player but Walcott is one of the worst players you’ve seen in an Arsenal shirt.

Any other controversial takes? :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Its all relevant isnt it
Walcott was bought as the new younger version of Henry, spent many years at the club earning millions, but couldnt beat a man, couldnt cross, couldnt finish. He was awful.

Mari was bought as a back up CB and does a job in that role

:man_shrugging: