EA Sports FC

What a shit title surly marketing could come up with something better

I havenā€™t bought a FIFA game in 3 years and I havenā€™t looked back since.

Really started going down hill with FIFA 14.

FUT bullshit ruined the franchise.

3 Likes

Itā€™s gonna go the PES route of being online only

1 Like

donā€™t you guys know how shit PES has gone to be?

Casual pitch invasion.

Considering itā€™s basically the same game every year Iā€™ll never understand how they manage to release it so full of bugs :joy:

1 Like

I remember that. Those were some good games. Fun memories! Won I think 3-2 in a best of 5?

1 Like

Hopefully another developer can come in and make a good football game, as the best one (PES) is now dead. Was worried EA wpuld run opposed from now on. Great news.

1 Like

The question is, who will come challenge the giant EA all out of a sudden?

It takes years of investments and trials and errors to develop a successful game.
Under this economy, who will step up and start from ground zero to challenge EA? I highly doubt.

The only rival of EA is PES and like you said, they are dead.

FUT has been too enjoyable for me this season to even play much Career Mode as of yet but Iā€™ll be there soon enough. Pro Clubs also been a cracker so far. Iā€™ll keep going until I have to spend money to gain the coins to compete but itā€™s a long way off.

As far as competitive multiplayer goes, next gen FIFA is the most realistic Iā€™ve played from the franchise. Old gen FIFA is good but itā€™s for the people that want ultra-fast responsiveness, less error on their passes and shots and the freedom to abuse 5 star skill moves and pace. The difference between them and peoples preferences between one and the other is interesting to see.

Offline is a different beast and the fact is EA are making one game for millions of people in one camp who want one type of game and another camp who want it completely different. Itā€™s an impossible task to please everybody. The final product is always stuck somewhere in the middle. Some want arcadey with a million 5 star skill moves to learn, whilst some want a simulation experience.

Iā€™ve long been an advocate of different gameplay modes being available. Competitive multiplayer gameplay and simulation gameplay being two separate options. There shouldnā€™t be just one FIFA build for everybody.

Pretty much stuck in Division 3 of FUT Rivals for at least another week before I can genuinely strengthen.

Love this lineup so far and the options it gives for different types of games.

2 Likes

1 Like

The only 2K games Iā€™ve played are WWE. Which I know isnā€™t their best work, but still, that doesnā€™t endear the idea to me.

@Bl1nk et all, how are you getting along with it?

Iā€™ve tried so many different variations of sliders. Finding it hard to get a realistic game. The scores are always stupid high like 4-3, 5ā€“2 etc. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a career going with Everton. Started on World-Class but switched to Legendary halfway in. Using the sliders Iā€™ve posted above.

Gameplayā€™s got nothing on PES sadly. It just feels unrealistic in so many aspects. Many of my goals feel similar, less rewarding than scoring on PES. Off the pitch features like transfers, scouting, press-conferences, academy are alright but nothing special.

Struggling to carry on with it, itā€™s ā€˜mehā€™. I play 2 or 3 games then Iā€™m done. Whereas on PES I could play non-stop all weekend.

Had some fun 2vs2 games online but mainly because of hilarious gameplay lol. The pace is ridiculous and goalkeepers save way too many shots. The few games I had on FUT were annoying. Just people defending like hell and countering with pacy budget players. Just boring really.

Yet to give Pro Clubs ago.

Overall a 6/10. Average, as expected really.

2 Likes

I agree with all of that. PES feels like football, how a purist would appreciate the game. Whereas Fifa just feels like everyones on steriods.

2 Likes

This guy releases every player in a team and sees where they end up

:ooo:

3 Likes

93 speed and 91 dribbling?
89 passing?

Wellā€¦ thatā€™s how EA making money.

1 Like

I really regret starting Ultimate Team this year just because there is no PES

I havenā€™t raged like this since I was a teenager

2 Likes