Dunkirk

The absolute state of it all. :smile: SJW the world over need a time out.

3 Likes

“Journalism is dead”

An ironic end to a trash piece

Wasn’t Interstellar really bad?

No

2 Likes

Interstellar was nothing short of brilliant

5 Likes

In all fairness, the article that comment comes from only says that once at the end, it’s not a focus of the piece and who knows
what editorial process it went through.

1 Like

Have to say, it feels pretty good to see you getting this treatment too. #Solidarity

Dats not what I heard!! :tipping_hand_man:t2:

Watch it.

1 Like

Interstellar was fantastic!

2 Likes

Quite literally

2 Likes

Classic @AbouCuellar. Contrary until the end.

1 Like

Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

Cinematography, production design, sound design, the acting, the storytelling, the music (Zimmer again). It’s a masterpiece. And my god it’s an emotional rollercoaster of a ride. Had to fight the tears near the end. Fucking hell. Exceptional film. Just not like what I’m used to see. Wish it was longer than 100 minutes!

Won’t go into much detail because of potential spoilers, but the spitfire scenes (also seen in trailers) were sensational. Perfectly shot. Can’t wait to see it again. See this on the biggest possible screen you can find (IMAX!)

Also, YES FUCK YES BRITAIN!!! :uk:

Give Nolan his oscar ffs.

10 Likes

Blink did a better job at promoting this film than its actual marketers.

11 Likes

Yes. Load of shite.

Knew you’d love it, ol chum.

1 Like

6/10. Visually stunning but not the epic war movie I was expecting

Intensely captivating throughout.

Has to be seen in IMAX. Anything less and it loses half its charm. The thuds of bombs crashing on the first scene was just hair raising.

Brilliant from start to finish. 9.5/10

2 Likes

Fuck any film that needs this tbh.

2 Likes

It really does though. I can imagine the film being much less exciting watching it at home for example. Films mainly about the atmosphere it produces and captures your attention. The story is what it is. Its definitely not about the dialogue thats for sure.

I’ll always go for story and characters over atmosphere but just a personal preference there.

Which is not to say I can’t/wouldn’t enjoy a film like this. I’m sure I will when I watch it.

1 Like