Dune: Part Two

The last two were ok actually, although clearly not the same standard. The first six are genius works of fiction, and right up there with Stephen King’s Dark Tower series.

2 Likes

Dark Tower was superb. The Wizard and Glass is one of the most tragic books I’ve ever read. Still fills me with sadness thinking about Susan Delgado…fucking hell.

Hopefully Dune doesn’t go the way of the Dark Tower in terms of the transition to film. Steaming pile of horse shite.

1 Like

The moment I saw Idris Elba as Roland, I knew that film was going to be shite. Terrible casting, and a little bit woke.

2 Likes

Holy shit :fire:

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

Yeah that does look absolutely incredible haha

Yeah I guess that was only going to go one way. As you know, a major theme in the books is racism which is chiefly explored through Detta’s hatred of the white Roland. How you can then cast Roland as a black guy…it just doesn’t follow the spirit of the book. Susannah wasn’t even in the film to be fair, and they mangled the storyline so badly in order to finish the whole thing in one film. What a shitfest. Horribly disappointed.

1 Like

I never thought it should have been made, bad casting aside. I just cannot see how it would translate well onto the big screen. Each book is so different, that you would have needed to read them first to know what the hell was going on.

But I can’t crap on the film too much, because I couldn’t bring myself to watch it.

2 Likes

Expect this to be delayed to next year now that cinema are closing down till next year

2 Likes

Never read this.

I’m going to audible it; as I’m lazy and I can listen as I drive/go to work/do some work.

How many books are there? Or is Dune an amalgamated version of all?

1 Like

Well that sucks

1 Like

That one long arsed delay I didn’t think it get pushed back that far.

Fucking hell that’s a crazy delay

Gives me time to read/listen to it.

I’m a big LOTR fan - so this will be an interesting pivot.

Been a while. Looks good!!

2 Likes

Looks fucking AMAZING.

Wow!

2 Likes

Yeah. Hyped

1 Like