Dune: Part Two

Wowzas!

Bootlegged video and awkward angle of the teaser, announcing the trailer coming September 9th.

Will probably be taken down soon.

Be sure to have a look though, you get a decent impression of the music, atmosphere and setup. I think itā€™s going to be immense.

2 Likes

E P I C

2 Likes

The box scene gave me tingles - Kwisatz Haderach!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll wait for the full trailer, so I can watch it in 4k :slight_smile:

1 Like

Full trailer tomorrow!!

Shit I totally forgot haha

Epic

Hollywood is getting ridiculous now.

Weā€™ve had like 3 hype trailers just for the fucking trailer.

1 Like

Exactly my sentiments haha

1 Like

Was that a trailer for the trailer?

Sigh

Maybe they need to hype it more because of covid

@Cristo Finished the book yesterday. Got me hyped for the film - looking at the cast Iā€™m optimistic theyā€™ve picked the right people. Brolin as Gurney Halleck is a great choice, and Oscar Isaac looks a really good fit for Leto. But my favourite is Javier Bardem as Stilgar. What a boss casting choice that is. Thoughts on the book:

It must be that Iā€™m used to reading long ass epic fantasy series - the ending seemed a bit rushed to me (although still a satisfying conclusion). It was kind of disappointing that there wasnā€™t a final boss fight against Fenring. I suppose I was expecting there to be a prologue / short chapter where your boy Paul is actually Emperor. Overall though was a really great story and I totally respect that this was written in 1965. Paulā€™s ability to see the future was one of my favourite elements of the book. Feel like a lot of novels have used that concept in the years since this book came out.

1 Like

I think you need to read the sequel haha

That covers some of the stuff you mention in the spoilers.

But yeah as regular reader of fantasy series, I really didnā€™t think it was a hard book to get through and I really donā€™t see why so many people think it would be so hard to filmatise it.

I honestly think you could do it just in one epic movie with a run time of like 3hours and 20 minutes.

I donā€™t feel like 2 movies is necessary but itā€™s a couple years since I read the book so maybe Iā€™m forgetting some of the longer sections that you wouldnā€™t be able to cover in one movie.

2 Likes

Fuck I had no idea there were sequels, what a spaz. In that case I got some more good shit to read!

The whole universe-conquering jihad shit - love to see how all that pans out

1 Like

Thereā€™s about 5-6 books in total but only the first 3 were written by Frank Herbert and the other 3 were written by his son and widely considered to be subpar.

Iā€™ve only read the first 2 which I thought were fantastic.

2 Likes

5pm UK time for the trailer :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Means weā€™ll get at least one more teaser for it :arteta:

There are 8 books. The first 6 were written by Frank Herbert. It was only the last two which were released posthumously by his son, based on Franks notes.

1 Like

Aha, I stand corrected @Sol