Denis Suárez (signed)

doesn’t really make any sense, why would they reject a higher offer? most times if a deal is a loan with an option to buy then the team normally buys after

Because the higher offer was with an option to buy and they want us to definitely buy because they think he is shit and just want rid :smile:

1 Like

If we want him, why not buy him for 20m which is a pretty tasty price?

If we are not sure whether we need him then this is the same kind of policy that dragged this club to the gutter and I don’t really care about this transfer.

WTF would be the point of a loan with mandatory purchase clause? Barca really missing the whole point of loan.

1 Like

Might as well screw them for the price if it’s mandatory purchase.

£20 m is too much imo.

There was a rumour from a Spanish Journalist who reported on this deal that Arsenal could not currenly release the funds for this transfer in January.

1 Like

It’s times like this I’m pleased to see us plead our case as paupers :wenger:

3 Likes

How do we not have 20m :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Some people seem to think its a FFP compliance issue

I’m waiting on an article from the writer below on the FFP issues for this club

If true what a load of bollocks that it’s US getting shafted by FFP.

3 Likes

Yeah us of all the ducking teams in the world, Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Well they did the same thing with Rafinha when he went to Inter on loan and Inter eventually didn’t pay the agreed sum because they thought it was too much. Maybe this time they want to be in front of that happening again.

Not really. When you make so many moronic recruitment decisions this is what happens.

1 Like

Signing Denis Suarez on loan with an obligation to buy at only £20m is a reasonable deal anyway. If it doesn’t work out we won’t lose too much selling him on to a Spanish team that would be more than happy to give him a shot following his reasonable body of work outside of Barcelona.

Ideally there wouldn’t be an obligation in it though.

6 Likes

This is his pinned tweet:

Unpopular Opinion:

The #Arsenal can and WILL challenge for the title this season. Whether they win it or not, belief is coming back to the club, from the North Bank to North Africa to South America, Gooners will remember what it feels like to BELIEVE!#COYG

— Nate Smith (@nws13) 5 juli 2018

I’m sorry, mate. But I’m not going to take anything seriously this guy says.

3 Likes

Because they think he might flop and want a guaranteed sale? They can also do deals based on the guaranteed income.

Either way there’s not too much between the 2 positions and you expect it gets done

Easy with the fowl language there son.

3 Likes

Cool. Time for “we got him” @Bl1nk :bellend:

No can’t do amico. I made a new year’s resolution to only get excited once Ornstein says it’s a done deal.

3 Likes

Where is our master? :xhaka2: