Denis Suárez (signed)

But we can’t pay now and i don’t want to buy him before watching him play.

Looks like D.Suárez wants us but we’re not prepared to offer what Betis and Sevilla have offered. Don’t think he’ll have much option by the sound of it

I just went to Barca’s page to see which Boateng and I think my head just exploded. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s a back-up move but seeing KPB to Barca is still a strange sight. Gonna be one of those quiz answers in a few years where everyone forgot he played there.

1 Like

They want to get rid of him now. The summer is too late for them so i can’t see us signing him.

Our position is ideal tbh. No doubt Arsenal is the most appealing club Denis has offers from.

I’m happy to wait untill Barca stop messing around. If we miss out then he was never coming to be an essential player

8 Likes

Indeed, when the player himself is intent on coming here it strengthens our position.

Not quite, because there are other interested parties. We’d need to be the only team interested for it to be the ideal position.

1 Like

John Cross is a pleb, of course we’re in a better bargaining position. Barca have literally dropped nigh on £100M recently and want to get shirty over £10-20M? For a player that’s undesirable for them?

I hope RRRaul takes them to town.

2 Likes

John Cross is a moron so if he says that we’re in the best position

1 Like

But if Denis only wants to come here and is making that known to Betis or Sevilla wouldn’t that weaken Barcelona’s negotiating position?

Exactly.

I’d be surprised if Barca budge tbh, especially with other clubs wanting to sign him. They have two acceptable offers and from that article it appears as if they’ve made it cleasr to him that he’ll have to pick one of them or he won’t be playing for the rest of the season.

Ultimately it also comes down to how much we want him, which I get the impression isn’t that much

The chance of him playing this season is slim anyway.

So it’s kind of a win-win? Either Barcelona cave and we get a somewhat useful player at the right price or they don’t and we don’t blow our budget on a guy that I think we all agree isn’t a superstar player.

1 Like

Yeah I think that’s it. It would be a weak position if he was a player we really wanted but he isn’t that at all. It wouldn’t surprise me if the board view him a useful player to bring in which would add some depth but not essential to our season + future planning

Yeah it would. I’m not arguing against that at all. I’m just saying that while we’re in a pretty damn good bargaining position (so I don’t agree with Cross), I wouldn’t go as far as to describe it as being ideal, because as long as there are other interested parties there’s a good chance Suarez would end up accepting one of their offers if Barca decide they refuse to do business with us.

Fair enough. I’m sure Barcelona can be quite ruthless when they decide your services are no longer required. Didn’t they get rid of Dmytro Chygrynskiy after like 18 months or something?

With us or Barcelona? Cause Emery is using Ozil already sporadically and I’m sure if there is a viable option Ramsey’s minutes will get less.

Excellent work by Raul

9 Likes