Denis Suárez (signed)

Broken down because we’re getting James :unai:

1 Like

He wants to stay there

4 Likes

Would rather a RB/LB anyways.

James McArthur? :bellend:

4 Likes

Hopefully we can reset and work on a different deal before the end of the month. I realize that the club should have enough people working there to have multiple negotiations going at once…but I also remember that this is the same club that sent Dick Law on a week long trek to Costa Rica to secure Joel Campbell’s signature. :facepalm:

1 Like

If the breakdown was due to the obligation to buy, then I’m glad that we held firm and stood our ground.

3 Likes

But now Sport, the more excitable of the two Catalan sport newspapers, have the ‘real reason’.

They say it’s to put pressure on Denis to accept an offer other than Arsenal.

Barca just want rid apparently, and don’t care where he goes as long as he goes.

1 Like

If they really wanted rid, they can lower the price.

1 Like

They are about to agree a fee of €75+15 million for Frenkie de Jong. They need all the money they can get.

2 Likes

Not to mention they got Boateng in, with as little game time Denis saw before that it just says it’s time head north.

Exactly. They need to sell him more than we need to buy him.

So let’s not get dicked around here. Glad we told them to shove their obligatory buy clause.

1 Like

This is a situation where I hope our new top negotiator can show what a good asset he is. Could we use another midfielder like Denis Suarez? Maybe. Do we absolutely need him for the stretch run? Probably not. Do we need to blow half our summer budget on him? Definitely not.

We should have the guts to walk away rather than just give into demands because Barcelona want to get rid of him.

1 Like

This is if you’re under the assumption that people in the club involved in this have the same opinion on the player’s qualities that you have.

1 Like
2 Likes

We can bargain for a lot less now surely?

I think this is heading till Jim White Day haha

For once, Arsenal fans are happy with a transfer Mexican stand off that’ll go to the last day.

But cause nobody seems to give a fuck if we get him or not lol

2 Likes

Good to see Raul isn’t doing his ex any favours here

2 Likes

Not that we really have any fucking clue how this is all being handled, but looks like we’re showing some gonads and not caving into Barca’s demands. We want a loan - an obligatory buy clause means it’s just a delayed permanent transfer. Twat bags.

3 Likes