Denis Suárez (signed)

She’s very attractive lol

3 Likes

Her face seems to be two different colours, and I don’t mean in the first photo lol

It doesn’t mean we are gonna buy him in the summer though.

Very beautiful.

Beautiful indeed

1 Like

Noticed that too :joy:

1 Like

Didn’t notice that but it literally means nothing to me I still think she’s beautiful haha.

It’s called ‘contouring’. Not sure it’s done right

1 Like

Barca: “you can have Suarez on loan but only if you definitely buy him in the summer.

Arsenal: “OK”

Barca: “Oh, but we still want him for a while so we’ll send him over when we’re ready.”

Arsenal: “That’s fine, do you want us make dinner and polish your shoes while we wait?”

9 Likes

Reminds me of this :smiley:

1 Like

Think the sums being touted at the moment are very skewed. But it hopefully looks like it’s £2M now (or when they feel like handing him over) and then the price is set at around £20M in the summer as an obligatory price. Makes sense in that if he turns out alright, we pick up a pretty good player at a lower rate.

He is aswell tbf @Phoebica at least the looks quota is going in the right direction with Ramsey going

1 Like

Gotta remember that we are freeing up a fucktonne of squad space in the summer and we have at least an extra 100m coming in from new stadium deals and shirt deals then the money we have sitting there in the bank. I would be shocked if we didnt spend well over 100m in the summer.

Its pretty rare for any team to spend that much gross… but we have a lot of things coming to a head in the summer that should help. I think the key question will be what happens with Ozil and what we do about mediocre players (ie. how aggressive we are with Xhaka, Moose, Chambers, El Neny, Kola/Monreal, Welbeck, etc.)… I suspect we have a loan or two I have also completely forgotten about.

With the new deals and Ramsey out for sure (freeing up 110k/pw… let’s do some other likely (and some unlikely) scenarios (using estimated/round numbers - if I have time I will do proper analysis with best source available numbers):

1. El Neny, Chambers, Jenko, Cech, Kost, Lichty, Ospina, and Welbeck out - offsetting Suarez transfer-wise (mostly); freeing up ~500k pw
  2. Suarez in; adding 100k/pw

Let’s say we sell Moose (50/50 chance?): 20 million (we suck discount) and freeing up 90k pw.

We offload Ozil for nothing, taking him off the books, freeing up 300k/pw (really can’t see this happening, but trying to get a feel for financials).

We offload Micki for 10 million (again, super unlikely), freeing up 120k pw.

We sell Xhaka (dream for me, virtually zero chance in my mind) for 25 million, freeing up 90k pw.

This leaves us with a squad basis of:

GK: Leno, Martinez (need a 3rd or promote)

RB: Bellerin, (need a second), AMN

LB: Monreal, Kola, AMN

CB: Papa, (need a top player here), Holding, Mavro, Medley

CM/DM: Torry, (need a top, top player here) Guendouzzi, AMN, ESR, Willock (Suarez can play here as well I think)

LW: (need a top, top player here); Suarez, Iwobi, Saka, (Auba)

RW: Nelson, Suarez, Iwobi, ESR (could use something else here as well… at least one wide position needs addressing)

ST: Auba, Laca, Nketiah (would like to see another for competition)

We have gaps, but we have also freed up an insane amount of money. To summarize:

We are in a net transfer position of -55 million and net wages of about 1 million pw.

We have gaps at:

1. World-class Wing attack
  2. World-class CM
  3. World-class CB
  4. Need a second RB
  5. Promote for 3rd option GK
  6. WC LB (last priority in my mind based on this analysis)

So we spend 125 million in transfers on 1-3, adding wages of 450k pw; sign free agent RB, promote GK, look for opportunistic LB or pass until next transfer window.

This puts us at 70 million net transfer spend (more than doable) and still saving massively on wages (which may not be smart strategy for FFP, so may have to get another expensive free agent, which could be striker, LB, etc…

Happy with this as long as we are not obligated to buy. If he’s shit just send him back.

8 Likes

Denis is a handsome man too 🖒🖒

You just watch him turn on the style and we warm to him only for Barca to say ‘you know what we dont wanna sell’

Blindly taking what that Twitter dude I never heard of before as fact.

6 Likes

either which way you are kinda screwed in this situation though. If you take a loan with an obligation to buy and the loans doesnt work out you are stuck with a player that just doesnt work well for your team. If you take it without an obligation if he does well then Barca can tell you to fuck off and then hike the price to whatever they want or decide to keep the player.

1 Like