Denis Suárez (signed)

Prove this or withdraw the claim sir :smiley:

@Maverick79 how hard is it to see Aussies name and just scroll without reading. An ignore function is all well and good but the reality is you’d still be seeing the posts because people would be quoting them (including Aussie himself so he could ‘told ya so’) and if people are being honest they always click the “show post” option anyway after implementing that function. It’s totally within your power to not read what he writes.

3 Likes

Fatty 31 years old :bellend:

I don’t know anything about this guy but he’s on the younger side and Barca are impatient many a time and don’t always use their players properly. Hope he turns out to be like our own version of Salah.

I can only speak for myself, but this is so fucking true. Muted a couple people on old OA and ended up reading anyway. Found it to be a pointless feature for me.

3 Likes

Take those estimations down a notch haha

I think its a mixed bag really, i dont think he is as bad as people think really that they should be disappointed in getting him but maybe at the same time not a world beater either. From what i have seen of him though he looks like he could be a good player for us to have in the squad more than good enough for a decent squad option but not elite either but i feel he could cause the ‘poorer’ opposition easily a whole heap of problems.

He’s not gonna be anything like our Salah tho haha that’s what I was getting at

2 Likes

Salah is probably one of the top 5 players in the world currently, so yeah a mixed bag type of player is unlikely to reach those sorts of heights.

1 Like

The player many of us consider our best player is being forced out the club and being replaced by a player many of us consider vastly inferior. We’re also playing inferior football without our best player.

Some moaning maybe warranted. Weren’t you moaning about Wenger?

3 Likes

I think lots of people that wanted Wenger out badly are defending Emery blindly at times because they feel they have to, I just call it as I see it, getting rid of Wenger had to happen, but even if he was still at the club we’d currently be no worse off and I’ll admit that.

2 Likes

It’s slightly better with Emery because he’s new and different but, if after the next transfer window and he gets more of his own players in, there seems to be no real difference, he will not be given the ridiculous amount of time Wenger had to sort things out.

But if our board don’t back Emery and the best we can do after selling our best player, is replace him with an underwhelming and unproven player like Suarez, then even a manager like Guardiola or Klopp would struggle.

1 Like

I don’t believe people are defending him blindly some are just accepting that he’s walked into a very difficult set of circumstances. The summer spending wasn’t good enough and he’s also having to contend with a poor squad and one that has been poorly assembled over the last half decade in particular.

There seems to be a serious disconnect in decision making at the club right now and I think Emery deserves the benefit of the doubt. You can easily point to Klopp’s early years at Liverpool to see that he’d walked into a mess and it took them a few seasons and a lot of spending to get it right. Emery has arguably walked into an even messier set of circumstances and a squad just as poor. I think he deserves time and the benefit of the doubt when he gets things wrong for now. The post-Wenger years were never going to be easy and it was made even more difficult by Gazidis abruptly department and now the internal mess with our head of recruitment.

6 Likes

Yeah I do agree he walked into a difficult situation and yes also the summer spending wasn’t anywhere near good enough given the state of the squad.

I was just hoping we’d see more of a distinctive game style by now, some sort of improvement defensively and look less disjointed, even if our overall position was the same in terms of the table.

4 Likes

I do agree with you on this point and I’m disappointed that we’ve seen no real improvement aside from the odd bright spark here and there. But I’m going to reserve judgment for a couple more transfer windows I think if we go into next season and we still look dire as we have at times then I’ll start to question Emery but I’m definitely not in the Emery out camp yet.

1 Like

It’s a tough one, I see both points of view and don’t have a strong case to go against either.

I personally feel the overall view is perhaps what I’d have expected and perhaps just about accepted at the beginning of the season. But looking at the phases our team has been through in isolation adds a new perspective. Up until the Spurs 4-2 I was extremely happy and admittedly accepted we were perhaps punching. Since then it’s certainly been near unacceptable.

I guess the scope we’ve had so far just isn’t fair to make the judgement yet. The stories of the Ozil situation, Mislintat issues surfacing with us to ponder only adds to the frustration and speculation so I totally understand fan frustrations.

Look Wenger needed to go. And in reality, we missed out on a lot of top coaches because he was given too much time. Although I don’t think we ever would’ve got Guardiola because he wouldn’t have received the funds to get the players he wanted.

Emery needs to be given time and be backed with funds to bring his players in, but I think he’ll have 2 summer transfer windows tops to show progress. So many Wenger boys point to him keeping us in the top four with people moaning and now that’s what we are shooting for again, but we are shooting for that a progress because he was allowed to stay and keep us in decline whilst others got better.

It is what it is, but my excitement is gone. My first season as a ST holder and I don’t feel the urgency to get to a match, although that’s also because of family reasons. I do go to every match I can make still and always sell on my ticket at FV(or less for the EL) when I can’t make it.

I didn’t expect a miracle, but the way we’ve fallen off recently, the treatment of Özil and just the complete letdown after the win against Spurs . . . it’s hard to take.

2 Likes

Any news about him?

Ask and ye shall receive Luca

Please don’t be true, another 20 million wasted like Sokratis and Leno… that would be 60 billion on midtable type talent :cry:.

Mate. You support Arsenalaves now, deal with it. This is who we are. In fact, you knew this before I did :arteta:

4 Likes