Denis Suárez

He’s also lost two of our most important players on his system. Holding and Bellerin even Welbeck done a great job as a squad option coming off the bench

Yep, yep.

Still February dude.

2 Likes

As if you’re pulling an “I told you so” nine days after your original post hahah

7 Likes

True but the point of bringing a player you know is that you know how you can use him. Doesn’t seem like it. It’s unfair to him as well as 6 months halfway the season is not enough for him to prove his worth. Adding that 20 mil. price tag makes it even harder.

He did this with torriera too everyone was frustrated but now he is always starting. I think Emery is trying to acclimatise him to the league.

1 Like

We don’t actually need him in the starting 11 at the moment, we’re not that desperate.

He’s probably not fully match fit anyway. He’s not got much football this season has he?

2 Likes

Probably language barrier too. Still, since Emery is coming to his senses with Rambo and Ozil, does he realistically have chance to start over Ozil, Rambo and two players Emery seems to have liking for, Mkhi and Iwobi. Don’t think so.

This is just his bedding in period before we sign him in the summer I think

Haha :poldi:

Unless he is earmarked to be bought permanently and this loan spell is just to reassure of his quality, then it makes sense.
Else it’s just pointless. You could just play a youth instead.

He’s worse than the current players that are starting, nothing to see here.

1 Like

I’d much rather see us spend that money on someone else…probably anyone else. Raul got us the loan without an obligation to buy, clearly we didn’t want him on a permanent basis at that price. Why would we sign him in July?

If we don’t buy him then it’s likely to be a totally pointless loan. It’s not like we were desperate for numbers there.

Hopefully he proves himself shit enough to not be signed but right now I still think he will be.

1 Like

Is it possible he was brought in during January because the club were trying to work on accelerating Ramsey’s move to Juventus or getting Ozil to accept a move out or both? Obviously neither of those things came to pass.

I do agree that he’s got to be really out of shape in terms of match fitness but in his very brief cameos I haven’t really seen anything that screams 20m GBP transfer fee, which (depending on who you believe) is about half of our summer budget. :arteta:

To me he’s a player who’s probably worth taking a gamble on and signing for under 10 mil. or even free. At 25 years of age he hasn’t done much to gather such a fee for his services. No way.

1 Like

Emery has reported that he is still not ready to play Squarez for a full ninety mins. I do hope we haven’t brought in another Walcott !

Don’t worry it’s just a loan

Should start today. It’s the perfect game for him.

he did the same thing with torriera was he another walcott? he is trying to acclimatise him to the league remember he barely played this season.

2 Likes