Declan Rice (done and dusted)

Hated those “sTateMEnt” signings that had no context or were a part of some squad building plan.

1 Like

Couldnt care about “statement” signings, whatever that is lol. If that was a real metric, United would be at the very top. Means fuck All.

2 Likes

Which were those? Sanchez came in at a time where we needed a World Class forward and Auba was bought go bring us back into the Champions League.

Interesting. I really care about the club showing we are real players in the market again.

Less Sambi and Vieira’ and more players who have proven something.

What statement were those, lmao?

Alexis was the cherry on top after we ended our trophy drought. Nobody thought we were gonna be title contenders after it.

Auba was the panic buy midway of yet another poor season and the the replacement of Alexis who we sold to arguably our biggest rivals.

Rice would very much a signing that makes a statement about our intentions going forward, which is to win the league.

3 Likes

Literally Caicedo is right there dominating Premier League midfields at 21 years of age and he’s taken for a footnote while Rice is being spoken about like some monster talent on Bellingham’s level. Being compared to the Ozil signing my word. Crazily overhyped at times.

Would be happy with the signing mind you but the expectations far surpass his capacity as a player. People are even thinking he’s better than Partey in the 6 which is outrageous to say at this stage.

4 Likes

You don’t make statement signings from relegation fodder.
Come on. What’s he actually done. I get the reasons for signing him but statement signing, no way.

1 Like

Rice will have as big an impact as Patrick Vieira

2 Likes

Win Ricey wins us the quad. No one will question his goat status.

This will be the biggest domestic signing we have made since Sol Campbell.

1 Like

He’s been one of the best midfielders in the league for three seasons and is probably the best English cm.

What has Bellingham done? Played in the Championship and BUMdesliga. What the hell has Caicedo done? I rate Rice and Bellingham by the way.

Are you going to ignore the fact that Rice has captained a Premier League team in his early twenties? Some people do go a little far with him and he definitely isn’t a Patrick Vieira, but he could well be a peak Henderson as a reliable, consistent performer with brilliant leadership qualities.

Think he’s loads better than Caicedo.

1 Like

3 Likes

Yeah fuck this nonsense

2 Likes

Yeah I’m ignoring the captaincy bit and wait too be impressed with something more than I’ve seen so far.
I get the reason for the signing but it’s not the end of our ambitions if he doesn’t come.

2 Likes

He’s a ballon d’or winner in the making. We would be so lucky to have him at the carpet.

2 Likes

Just for clarity, how do you rate him? Give me a player that you’d put on a similar level to present or recent history.

I’d say he’s a better Henderson ability wise but maybe not as good a leader.

Probably like a Pirlo, Rodri, Gerrard hybrid

Arteta

3 Likes

Insightful

1 Like

Oh! In that case, I can see why you wouldn’t be that bothered at missing out on him! Makes sense now.

Arteta was a slightly above average DM. Very good in the attacking positions though.

2 Likes

As much as want Rice, if we got into a bidding war and he got too expensive, then Caicedo would still be a decent signing because he’s younger and likely to be cheaper.

Whoever we get, just get it done quickly so we can move onto our other targets.

1 Like