Dayot Upamecano

Would we be okay with signing Upamecano and losing Smith-Rowe (permanently)?

• Yes, rather have Upamecano
  • No, keep Smith-Rowe

0 voters

Tough call - really depends on the financial terms… I really hate, hate, hate losing ESR, but it could be the right thing to do.

I don’t think ESR is anything special at all and getting £25m for him (even if it’s only as part of a transfer) is amazing business by the club. The kids barely played a senior game.

14 Likes

You bin off ESR no question, no hard feelings but this is the big leagues.

There’s every chance he simply does not make it here.

8 Likes

Exactly.

He’s also competing with Nelson, Martinelli, and Saka for time on the wing and Willock for time as an advanced central midfielder. He doesn’t have an obvious path into the team, even as a substitute, whereas Upacameno is only two years older than ESR but and is an immediate starter at a position of immense need.

11 Likes

Yes. We have an abundance of talent in ESR’s position, and I never really saw that much in him either.

Fair play if he becomes great but I won’t complain that we let him go in that case.

We’ve neglected defence in favour of attack for way too long. So do it.

1 Like

This is exactly the kind of business we would be ‘praising’ Chelsea/Liverpool for.

9 Likes

He looks a bit of a handful
This could be a very good signing indeed

Fuck ESR off pronto if we can get this guy.

Need to be ruthless here.

3 Likes

Good pace on the lad. Wide as a house too. Those broad shoulders gonna destroy every forward in the premier league. We gonna win de fokin league ! COYG !

3 Likes

Who the fuck is this Upamecano lad? Seems to me people are excited because he’s promising and will cost a fortune.
As far as I’m aware he’s far from a finished product.

It’s more simple than that.

We’re excited because he has a bloody awesome name!

:grin:

2 Likes

I’m not going to pretend to know anything about him or how good he is but from their footage both he or Rugiani look like they’d drastically improve us

Is he better than what we have? If YES, sign. We don’t need much to get us over the line and back in to the CL.

1 Like

I can put together a Mustafi comp that will make him look like rich man’s Ramos.

You wouldn’t fool Arsenal fans though.

Yea I kind of have no idea if these 2 aren’t full of errors but your spoiling the excitement

1 Like

I’m legit worried we might overspend on another defender that will not fulfill his potential under our management.

I’d only be up for it if there was some obscene sell on fee or some sort of fair buy back clause.

You randy fucker

3 Likes