David Luiz

I think that’s harsh…by all accounts he is a popular player and has helped to support others within the team, particularly the younger players. He hasn’t been great for us, and has made some awful mistakes, but he has given his best for the club (not his fault his best wasn’t good enough). It is very rare that I won’t wish ex-players well, but there are a few fuckwits like Mustafi who I couldn’t care less about.

1 Like

That’s fine but I didn’t want to sign him, he was a bit shite while here and now he’s off. I have no reason to care but I’m not trying to stop you wishing him well, just I won’t. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For the record…I didn’t want us to sign him either!

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CPL8UCkl-9I/?utm_medium=copy_link

1 Like

Seems like he had a positive impact on the young players which is good to see. Not going to pretend like he was a rock at the back though, often costly and I can’t forgive him for the Olympiakos 120th min goal.

1 Like

Our awesome strategy of quantity over quality

1 Like

I wasn’t his greatest fan but actually thought he was mostly good for us last season when fit.

Good on the ball, provided some leadership and arguably the best central defender.

Bit concerned about what’s left behind unless Saliba proves to be the stunning prodigal centre back on his return.

Still a lot of work to do with this squad.

2 Likes

Varane, please.
Will probably end up with washed Boatend or Ramos. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

About to be reunited with Guendouzi :grin:

1 Like

Better than Willian is about the biggest compliment I can pay him.
But his ability to lose us points through stupid mistakes was Xhaka level stupidity.
What about we just stop buying Chelsea rejects?

3 Likes

Think this is a tad harsh. I know his record of conceding penalties, but he had a lot of good moments too, was one of our more consistent players in the 19/20 season I seem to recall. A leader on the pitch and behind the scenes as well. Something we’re lacking now.

1 Like

I agree, he’s certainly not the worst defender we’ve had and at least he was more of a leader than most of our players.
But he is a mercenary who had no real allegiance with us and he came from Chelsea.

2 Likes

Red cards penalties pushing top high up and getting absolutely rinsed. Unbelievable, instead of signing a stop gap twat we should’ve bought a good cb at the time

3 Likes

Worried this means Saliba won’t get as much time.

The penalty/red card record was absolutely preposterous. What really drove me nuts was his red card against City (I think in project restart maybe?) and then coming out after the match saying his head wasn’t screwed on straight because of his contract situation.

And then we apparently wanted to give him another contract this past season.

No thanks. I don’t doubt for one second that he’s a great guy and good with the youth team players. But he’s definitely in the Chelsea mercenary garbage dump pile along with Cech, Gallas and Willian.

3 Likes
6 Likes

This really wasn’t that bad a signing. It is a bit shit that we relied so heavily on an ageing CB instead of investing on a starting CB or giving Saliba a proper chance. Luiz was backup material and instead was our best CB.

Willian is the one where the player completely took the fucking piss.

5 Likes

Luiz wasn’t a bad signing in the abstract. But buying an aging Luiz for 10m and an 18-year-old kid for 27m instead of just spending 37m on a high quality CB who could step in immediately, give us some defensive stability, and sort the position for years was a really stupid plan.

3 Likes

Still without a club?