David Luiz

I wanted to make sure I wasn’t just slating Luiz and Arsenal :joy:

1 Like

Today’s was a severe clash though mate. Granted it’s not good overall but this was pretty extreme.

1 Like

Agree it’s always something that’s annoyed me about football the no fucks given to head injuries.

You’ve just clattered your head against a metal post? Any other job that’s you straight to hospital.

Footballer is like I’m fine let me play on and continue to make it worse by heading this ball.

1 Like

Been ruled out for Thursday’s match, but he was totally fine to continue on Sunday :roll_eyes:

Unfortunately I think a lot of it has to do with some of the backwards masculinity that pervades the sport (all sports really).

What’s the “worst” thing a football pundit could say about a player? That he’s not tough enough, he doesn’t have enough heart, not enough pashun. It’s horseshit. The FA should have fixed this problem a year a go and them waiting until next season to possibly fix it is pretty pathetic.

1 Like

tl;dr writing an essay isn’t gonna change the fact you should have subbed him instantly lads

1 Like

Don’t they have instant concussion subs for rugby? I don’t really follow rugby.

I’d be curious if they have concussion subs for Aussie League (maybe @Aussiegooner can shed some light on it). Obviously we have concussion protocols in the NFL but there are rolling substitutes for American football. I think Major League Soccer has decent guardrails in place, but still, the idea that a manager should ever have to weigh “wasting” a substitution because one of his player’s brains was just smashed against the inside of their skull is ridiculous.

1 Like

*FIFA

2 Likes

In AFL mate it’s an automatic 20 mins off the field and concussion test with the doctors.

They then make the decision if the player is deemed fit to return to the field, often these days they take cautious approach on most occasions.

1 Like

You get rolling substitutes? You’re not playing one down for 20 minutes right?

1 Like

In the AFL we have 22 on each team and 18 on the field at all times, players are always interchangeable, you just get capped at 90 interchange movements each match. Well that’s actually moving to 75 each match in 2021 but you get the idea.

2 Likes

Sounds like total chaos. Would you recommend it?

2 Likes

AFL as a sport ? Or the concussion protocols they use ?

I’ve grown up on it being born and bred in Melbourne and absolutely love it. For a foreigner though it’s a rather unique game and rules at time can be a little complex. Once you understand that though, I think it’s a super sport.

I must say though in recent years it has become slightly more tactical as it evolves, which has taken some fluidity out of it and not made it as easy on the eye as it once was.

2 Likes

cry some more arteta fan boy lol

I wonder if the fact Arteta left him on with a fucking concussion has anything to do with it?

1 Like

Wasn’t a concussion, he was just bleeding from the ears…idiot.

1 Like

thought he was excellent

5 Likes

Commanding performance.

4 Likes

My only fault of his performances was when he probably allowed Bruno to turn inside him a little too easily and get that shot away in the first half.