Danny Welbeck

It’s not. He can. He just shouldn’t be doing so at a club with top 4 ambitions.

2 Likes

To clarify. I do doubt he can be THE main man. Once hoped so but I agree, he’s not perfect at most stuff. For me he is good at mostly everything(guess not so much at long passing?). Plus, his injuries. Can’t reach the top, top like that.
My point is, we let him and we look for a new guy to do his job, which would be to be cover for Auba(ans Laca?). Instead we can renew his deal for reasonable wages and remain with a solid choice.

:joy::joy::joy:

Of course I know, we all know

Are we talking about Danny Welbeck or Kevin De Bruyne???

Don’t think he’d be willing to take a 70% pay cut tbh. Get rid and give younger options a chance.

His production can be replicated at a much cheaper cost with a fresher and cheaper talent

4 Likes

Kevin is great if not amazing at everything. :joy:

1 Like

He’s a defensive forward, everyone knows that.

1 Like

Isn’t he our only title winner and a player good enough to drop a Prime Rooney for against Real Madrid? His defensive workrate, link up play and pace to stretch teams gets underrated because he doesn’t have great end product but Alex Ferguson rated him and got value out of him.

Given his injuries and age it’s wise to part ways at this stage but there’s a value to such players.

It also shows the risk these players take running down their contracts

I definitely think Welbeck gets unwarranted criticism. Obviously his goal scoring record isn’t great, but I think he is quite rounded in other areas. Imagine if he does indeed get a move to a CL club while we’re still stuck spending Thursday nights playing against farmers :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve always been a Welbeck fan and think a player like him has plenty of use in an Emery team. I honestly think he Abd ht not suffered a season ending injury - we’d be talking about extending him.

7 Likes

His pace astonished me when he first signed. This current injury may just “finish” that aspect of his game, unfortunately.

When is he due back?

I like Welbeck but he’s simply nowhere near worth £100k p/w as a rotational player at best.

9 Likes

I’d take him on £5k a week.

1 Like

I have nothing more to add to this. My thoughts exactly

I agree.
He’s on high wages for a squad player but he is versatile and easily good enough as an option on the bench for most attacking positions.
Although his injury record isn’t great.

But I can see him being sold, if it means we are going to free up some wages for an equivalent player who is younger with potential.

I’d give him £75k again but on a pay as you play basis.

So basically £5k a week.

4 Likes

Haha I liked Welbz but he’s done for us really. Too old and injured to be valuable as a utility forward.

1 Like

One injury too many to be contemplating keeping him. Eddie not the answer though.

the week*

He’s 28!? :joy:

I’d rather donate that amount of money to charity and have one less player

4 Likes