Danny Welbeck (23)

So where does that leave us with hour homegrown player quota then? With Ox, Walcott, Wilshere, Ramsey and Welbeck gone or going thats a big chunk of players gone.

If I’ve counting correctly we now have 15 players who are non-homegrown. If I understand the rules correctly in that case we don’t need to have at least 8 homegrown players.

I see, my first train of thought would be that Nelson comes back and takes the place of Welbeck.

I’m not sure but players like Nelson, Guendouzi and Mavropanos wouldn’t count for the quota yet, because they are still under-21.

Not sure how this should have ended any other way

As I thought, it just makes sense given the impact he’s having in Germany.

3 players that gave us a something like a combined 24 years and cost us a combined £21m?

Not every transaction in football has to be about turning profits.

I also don’t think the club has really boasted its astuteness in the transfer market for at least 5 years. We’re basically paying the same fees as everyone else now.

Holding
Chambers
Jenko
Amn
Nielson
Martinze
Iwobe
Nketiah
Possible bellerine as well sure he meets the requirements as well for homegrown quota,
Plus theirs willock as well they can include

We are efficiently weeding out the out of contract players. Losing them for free or not, doesn’t matter right now as these players were signed before our new system was in place.

We will definitely be more astute in the market going forward and losing players for nothing will be a thing of the past.

Wenger would haggle down to the last penny and then lose out on a player, or wait until right to the end of the window and then lose out on a player we were desperate for, and would often say things like “we will only pay our valuation” after almost every transfer window when we couldn’t get who we needed.

It just seems strange that these three players were worth around £20m each or more and we let their contracts run down and get nothing for them.

If we had sold them when it was becoming obvious that they were either surplus to requirements or that they wanted to run their contracts dow, we could have spent that money on a world class player.

We can spend money on a world class player anyway. We’d be marginally better off if we’d sold those players.